Underbite Veneers; how can I improve my smile? (Photos)

I have an underbite and i think it's not moderate nor minor ... i was thinking about jaw surgery but then i changed my mind because all the people around me even a surgeon i know said my face looks just fine ... the thing is i don't care about my bit that much all what i care of is my smile so am wondering how can i improve my smile ? is it possible by veneers and porcelain ... now am not saying i wanna fix it i just want to improve my smile

Doctor Answers 2

Options to treat underbite #DrSoftTouch

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello there,
An experienced cosmetic dentist should be able to easily correct a very minor underbite with porcelain veneers. However, if the underbite is more moderate to severe, then jaw surgery or braces are the only remedy. For your case, the latter would be recommended.  The best thing to do is to get an ortho consult at an excellent dental office.  Be sure to review the before and after photos of your potential dentist before choosing him or her. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect from the dentist that you select. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

by seeing yr pictures, its not moderate case. u have a skeletal class3 malocclusion. so its my advice, not to go for veneers. braces treatment with lower surgery will giv u awesome results. but if u r not ready for surgery in that case also go for braces  treatment without surgery for correction of under bite issue.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.