18 Year Old Guy with Sunken Cheeks?

Hello, I am an 18 years old guy. I have sunken cheeks that also have caused my face to lose its symmetry. Also, the hallow cheeks have impacted my age, it makes me look older and desperate; in addition, it gives people an impression of lack of nutrition and health. Any suggestions for how to increase its fats or even maintain its volume. I would like to avoid surgeries because I am too young for it.

Doctor Answers 2

18 Year Old Guy with Sunken Cheeks?

It's best to send photos of your face from the front and 3/4 angle without smiling.  Let's see if you really need anyhing before getting too far into possible treatments and procedures that you may or may not need.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

18 year old with sunken cheeks

Pictures would be helpful in order to give you the best advice, but in general, there are some non-surgical methods to help with sunken cheeks.  There are a variety of injectable fillers that could be used to help fill out the cheeks more and improve the appearance.  Sometimes just gaining weight can help as well.  If you wanted to get more information on the facial fillers, you should consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist that is experienced with using injectable fillers.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.