Asymmetrical Cheeks?

On one side of my face, I have a defined "cheekbone" (soft tissue over my cheekbone) that casts a shadow. On the other side of my face, I do not. I think that this is because of the soft tissue under my skin on that side of my face has drooped somewhat for whatever reason. There is faint drooping along my jawline on that side, even though I am in my early 20s. I'm interested in having the less defined side of my face look more like the more defined side of my face. Is there a good way to do this?

Doctor Answers 4

Asymmetrical Cheeks?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 One of the esiest ways to shape the cheeks are temporary fillers (I prefer Perlane).  Find an MD that understands the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Cheekbone asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Most patients have some degree of asymmetry present in the cheeks. Mild asymmetries are treated with fillers to balance out the cheek volume. Moderate to significant asymmetries are treated with unilateral cheek implants. Silastic cheek implants are placed through an intra-oral  approach to permanently augment the cheek area.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Cheekbone asymmetry is easy to correct using fillers or an implant.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cheekbone asymmetry is very common. I'd recommend getting treated with Radiesse, a filler that enhances cheekbones wonderfully. If you like it, you can repeat it (about once yearly) OR have a silicone cheekbone implant that would offer permanent correction. But don't seek perfection- either option will improve it, but it won't be flawless. If you understand this, you'll probably be extremely happy!

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Asymmetrical Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Asymmetrical cheeks can be improved by augmenting the less defined side. This can be accomplished with fillers such as Radiesse or a permanent solution with the placement of a  cheek implant.  

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.