Do I have tuberous breasts or are they just ugly? (photos)

I'm 19 and I've always been jealous of girls with full, round breasts and angry that I've been short changed with these flat cones for boob's. I've been doing research and mine look very similar to the ones I've search with this deformity. But before I contact a surgeon I'd like to know if it's not just in my head

Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

Do you have tuberous breasts? The short answer is yes. However, there are varying degrees of tuberous breast and yours is mild. This can be corrected with a mastopexy (uplift), and if you wish to be larger, a small implant will be needed.  With a mastyopexy, you will have resulting scars around the areolar, one vertically from the areolar to the IM crease, and one in the inframammary crease. The latter scar may be necessary only if you have insertion of an implant.  The scars are fairly inconspicuous once they have fully healed, and there should be no stitch marks, just lines. Thank you for your question and photographs. I suggest seeing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation. Best of luck to you.

Tuberous Breasts/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, yes it appears that you have characteristics of tuberous breasts.  Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. best of luck!Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tuburous breasts

Your photos suggest you may have tuberous breasts, but not severe. If you want a round breast, it will require a mastopexy. An implant alone will not give you the result you are looking for.Good luck,Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

Tuberous breast correction advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast. 
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.Kind regardsDR. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous Breast

Hi Jazzisthename,Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures is seems as if you have tuberous breasts. I suggest contacting a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to schedule a consultation.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I have Tuberous Breasts?

Tuberous breasts characteristically display one or more of the following features:
  1. Angular shape to the breasts
  2. Constriction of the lower pole w/tight skin envelope
  3. Herniated areola
  4. Short distance from the nipple to the breast fold (usually 4-6 cm or even smaller)
From the photos you supplied, I would definitely say that your breasts are tuberous and so would require a different approach for augmentation.  Make sure and choose a well-trained Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast enhancement because this procedure is more challenging than a straightforward breast augmentation.
I hope that helps!

YES

Hello, you have feature of tuberous/constricted breast. It's not in your head. I would seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss options for treatment. Good Luck. 

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes you do demonstrate Tuberous Breast characteristics. There are BA techniques used to round out and correct tuberous breast constriction. I recommend that you seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon with plenty of experience in this area for consultation. They will examine you and discuss your goals and treatment options.
All the best

Tuberous

You do have tuberous breasts.  A good option is to have a periareolar lift with an implant.  Your skin envelope does not appear too tight but a moderate size implant would be best for you.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Possible tuberous breast assessment and solutions

Part of your frustration may come from not fully understanding how common your concerns are and what options you may want to consider. You do appear to have some features of a tuberous breast. This term represents a  large range of breast shapes and only with an examination can you be presented with a better understanding of your shape and what your surgical options are for changing your shape.  A small augmentation with or without an areolar reduction may be a good solution. Get personal and more accurate information from a consultation.Regards,Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon