I am a 38B right now. What will my 485cc implants make me cup wise? (photos)

I am going in for surgery on the 29th of August for breast augmentation. I tried sizers on at the consultation appointment and we decided on 485cc medium profile implants to bee placed above the muscle. How big will that make me cup wise so I can start bra searching.I am starting out a 38b in most bras.

I know you're anxious and your surgeon should go well

but at his point, all we can do is sell you a 'look' that you had with the sizers in your bra.  Bra should be unlined and most surgeons add some to whatever you liked or you are likely to be smaller than you anticipated.  Focus on healing and then go bra shopping when your surgeon things you are near your final results.  During recoveries, my patients do not need bras and when they do, I supply one to them.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Cup size increase with 485s?

Please know that it is a common misconception that implant size correlates with the bra cup size. A bra-cup size itself requires many measurements to describe it.
Bra sizes vary among manufacturers, and they can label the cup size by any designation they choose. So a C will be a D for another. Additional factors, such as demi and full cup coverage, specific fabrics, padding, and elastics, can all affect the fit of a bra.
Complicating the situation further, your breast size may vary on a monthly basis because of menstrual cycles and weight gain and weight loss.
Second, there is a confusion over sister sizers which complicates things. For example, a patient wearing a 34C may also fit into a 36B bra.
If we consider all things being equal – i.e., you get a bra from the same manufacturer and of the same style, then I think you might find it helpful to know that a study by Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Glicksman titled “Standardization of Bra Cup Measurements” has shown that the average implant volume required to increase the cup-size by 1 size is equal to 205 ccs. An implant by the size of 485 may provide full 2 cups increase to a 38 D. However, it is also important to considering the profile as even a small implant with a high profile can increase can sizes by the same amount. Furthermore, because the implants will be placed directly behind the breast tissue, direct pressure will cause more significant augmentation and shaping relative to behind the muscle implant placement.
Now, it is good that you already did bra-sizing trials and are trying to think ahead by getting a bra before-hand, but even though you may give importance to cup size designation, what should matter most is that the implant looks good aesthetically and that the chosen bra fits and feels comfortable.
I am assuming you have gone to a board-certified plastic surgeon, and they will assist you in choosing an implant that is more tailored to your breast characteristics in order to provide natural looking breasts.
The implant has to fit YOUR body dimensions. The more you deviate from the proper fit, the more fake your breasts will look.
Surgeons use what is called tissue-based planning. The planning takes into account the effects of implants on tissues over time, risks of excessive stretch, excessive thinning, visible or palpable implant edges, visible traction rippling, ptosis (Sagging), and breast tissue wasting. To determine the implant size, breast measurements must be made: 1) Base Width of the existing breast tissue, 2) skin stretch, and 3) Nipple-to-Inframammary Fold distance. The combination of these measurements will help determine tissue coverage and the required implant volume to optimally fill the breasts.
So please focus more on having full and natural looking breasts rather than trying to fit into a particular bra-cup size.  

Hope this helps

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I am a 38B right now. What will my 485cc implants make me cup wise?

The implant volumes do not directly correlate with bra cup size, it depends on a number of factors relating to yo9ur preop physique. Since you have already gone over all this with your surgeon, why not ask him?

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants