I had CO2 fractional laser. Did not work for eyelift, very disappointed. How soon would I have to wait for brow lift? (Photo)

Right time for a Brow lift?

Thank you for your question and for the photo posting. It certainly appears that any inflammation from the laser that might affect a possible followup procedure has sufficiently subsided for you to proceed with a procedure. The question then becomes: what to do and when?  This is not an easy question to answer in just looking at this single photo.  Most of what this cosmetic surgeon sees is - everything that is "already quite excellent" about your eye, eyelid, forehead and cheek. There is perhaps a hint of hooding of your upper lid. Brow shape and brow position appear already quite beautiful, also the skin of your upper and lower lid appear quite smooth and youthful already. I am not convinced that brow and/or lid surgery is the next best step for you - I might rather recommend more conservative treatments for a few more years, then maybe consider a mini temporal brow lift to pull up any lateral upper lid hooding.  

Wait to have blepharoplasty

Thanks for posting your photo with your concern. A fractional co2 laser can contract or tighten skin but is not a substitute for a blepharoplasty if needed. In my opinion I believe you need blepharoplasty and not a brow lift.  A fractional co2 laser works by stimulating collagen which then later tightens the skin. This collagen remodeling process really starts at 3 weeks and goes on for months. Therefore, i would probably wait a minimum 3-4 months if not more for the laser to show its near final results before having a blepharoplasty. Please consult an experienced board certified plastic / facial plastic / oculoplastics surgeon regarding blepharoplasty. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Upper eyelid correction

Fractional Co2 laser resurfacing can slightly elevate the upper eyelid but is not usually the treatment of choice when a patient is a candidate for  upper eyelid skin excision (blepharoplasty).  You could have a blepharoplasty done at anytime as long as most of your post laser swelling is gone. By your photos it appears that you are ready.

Lois Wagstrom, MD