What are the best options to remove nasolabial lines? 31 year old female (Photo)

I have always had prominent nasolabial lines. As I get older they have become deeper. It looks like my cheeks are sagging. What are my best options?

Voluma for Sagging Cheeks

Dear steer:

Thank you for your photo and question.  My recommendation would be to start off with filling of the sagging cheeks with a filler like Voluma which would soften some of the depth of the nasolabial fold and then fill the nasolabial fold if necessary on 2 week review with a filler like Juvederm Volift.  Best wishes.

Nasolabial Folds

There are a lot of options available for you. Typically the folds are exacerbated by volume and collagen loss in the cheeks, and so cheek augmentation will help improve and soften nasolabial folds. This treatment along with fillers injected directly in the folds will improve the appearance of Nasolabial folds significantly.

Nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question and photo. You are still young at 31 but we see these folds appear even in younger people. Fillers like Voluma to the cheek area will provide support to the cheek tissue, contour the face and takes the eye off the lower face and may soften the folds. Fillers in the folds themselves is reasonable in small amounts. You can never make the folds completely go away but they can be improved. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

What are the best options to remove nasolabial lines? 31 year old female

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. In particular, I think you would benefit from a small amount of Voluma in your cheeks. Voluma is a thicker HA filler that is meant to be placed deep so as to provide structure and lift. You also may benefit from some filler placed around the mouth, but these lines may soften to your liking with the Voluma alone. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi there, those lines are due to age-related volume loss in the cheeks. The best option would be a longer lasting filler being put in your cheeks, to lift them naturally and soften those lines you are seeing. In the US, the filler I use for this is called Voluma, since its FDA indicated to last up to 2 years. I would recommend 1-2ml of filler per side for you. I would not recommend filling the nasolabial lines themselves as over time it will result in a very unnatural appearance and a lot of heaviness in the bottom part of your face aka Kim Kardashian.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician