What can I do about these dark lines and pronounced tear troughs?

It really bothers me and I feel like they are really pronounced.

Doctor Answers 2

Filler for Tear Troughs

Hi and thank you for asking your question! Injecting filler in the tear trough area can change the look of face dramatically and help with the dark circles under the eyes. My favorite choice of filler for this area is Restylane or Belotero. Both of them are Hyaluronic acid fillers which is naturally present in our skin and they settle nicely and naturally under the eyes. I personally use flexible cannula technique for injection, which helps a lot with minimizing bruising and pain and the result looks very natural. I hope this helps and good luck!



Irvine Physician
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Tear troughs

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think you're a great candidate for placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your tear trough (i.e., under eye) area. In this area I prefer Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.