Can Juvederm or Restylane fill in the vertical lines on the nose below the bridge?

Use Botox, Dysport or Xeomin For Bunny Lines

The lines you are describing we call bunny lines, and most of us would opt for a toxin like Botox, Dysport or Xeomin here. You need to be evaluated by a skilled injector and be seen in a board-certified dermatologist's or plastic surgeon's office to assure the best results that someone can get with these products. If after toxin injection, some lines remain, a small amount of filler may be used, but I would guess if this is done correctly, you will be very happy with the results you achieve.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane in the vertical lines on the nose below the bridge

Yes, while either Juvederm UP XC® or Restylane® can fill those vertical nose lines, Belotero® may be the best filler choice for those lines since it has a low viscosity (very thin) and is great for very superficial lines.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fine ridges under nose

These lines are caused by the muscle contracting in that area over time.  A few units of Botox usually treat the lines quite well but sometimes i'll add Belotero or Restylane with additional lidocaine to customize it and thin it out if the lines are deep.  The filler rarely needs to be repeated if you maintain the result with Botox every 4 months or so.  Laser is sometimes helpful here as well as ThermiRF smooth.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox or Dysport for your bunny lines

I recommend you having an experienced injector administering Botox or Dysport in this area.  Once the muscle is relaxed(7-10 days), she can inject a small amount of filler if necessary. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Options to treat vertical lines on the nose below the bridge

You may have several options. If it is from frequent muscle contraction or movement, botox may be an option. If it appears when the muscles are at rest, fillers or laser may be options. Consult with an expert an experienced physician injector to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

"Bunny Line" treatment options - #Botox #Juvederm

It sounds like you are describing "bunny lines" along the sidewall of the nose. These are typically due to muscle contraction and become much more prominent with smiling. For that reason Botox tends to be the go to options. However, if the lines are folded or imprinted into the skin and present when your face is at rest, then a filler or laser resurfacing procedure might be the most effective option. This is a challenging area to safely inject fillers so please seek a consultation with an experienced physician injector well versed in facial anatomy. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try Botox first

The lines on the bridge of the nose are often caused by repetitive muscle movement. Therefore, I would recommend treatment of these wrinkles with Botox first. If the wrinkles remain, they can then be filled in with a substance like Juvederm. 

Lines Below the Nose

Botox and Fillers work very well for this.  If it is from movement, then botox works best.  If it is seen at rest, then lasers and fillers can help.  Sometimes surgery is even an option, such as a lip lift procedure.  I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist for advice, someone who specializes in facial rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox (& Dysport and Xeomin) Work Well For Treating The Vertical "Bunny Lines" To The Sides Of The Bridge Of The Nose

Without a photo I can only guess that the vertical lines you describe below the sides of the bridge of the nose are the very common problem referred to as "bunny lines."  When present, they can be easily and quickly treated with a couple of droplets of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin.

Not everyone has these lines upon expression. When present, however, I routinely treat them immediately following the treatment of the vertical glabellar scowl lines (frown lines, eleven lines)above the bridge and between the eyebrows. 

In general, in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice,  I prefer Belotero Balance for fine lines and superficial wrinkles on the nose. Belotero has little to no tendency to give rise to the unwanted bluish Tyndall Effect when injected superficially into fine etched wrinkles. In my Israel satellite office, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available, I prefer Teosyal Redensity II for this purpose. Juvederm and Restylane have also been used for these kinds of wrinkles, especially when diluted.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

11 lines and fillers

Often I will use a neuromodulator like Botox to help deactivate the muscles that cause the 11 lines. If the lines are really etched in, a small amount of filler can be helpful.