How many syringes of juvederm or restylane would it take to get lips like this celebrity? (Photo)

I've been trying to get lips this large for years, but no doctors will inject beyond 1 syringe. What would it take? How often would I have to get my lips injected to maintain this look? Would there be an increased risk of necrosis from having so much filler ? My natural lips are about the same as hers before. Also do you think she has silicone microdroplets or hyaluronic acid?

Lip Filler Injections

I think you should seek someone who is experienced in fillers of the lips.  With cannulas, you can inject more than 1 cc and get those types of lips but they may not look good on your face.  You need da proper in person cosmetic consultation.  I suggest going to a filler expert.  Voluma, although not approved for lip injection, works very well to get larger lips and may be a better option than the other fillers you described. Best, Dr. Emer.

Syringes of Juvederm to fill the lips

For most patients, I start with 1 syringe of filler, and Juvederm is an excellent filler (especially Volbella) for the lip. I see patients back 2 weeks later. If they'd like more, we can do it then. This lady probably had 2-3 syringes of filler. I like to go slow and gradual as it is less likely to be noticed by others, and that way you don't overfill or overspend.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Quantity of dermal filler to achieve look without necrosis

Restylane is FDA approved for lip augmentation. You may need to have 2 to 3 syringes to achieve this look. My recommendation is to ramp up slowly with one to two syringes initially and then add another a few weeks later. You will want to maintain facial harmony or you will not look natural. Consult with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Injections and Amount of Product Needed

Lip injections have to be done by an experience injector with a sound cosmetic background.  An in person consultation is the only true way to know how many syringes you will need. Matching the best product to the particular patient is the key to getting the best results.

Lip filler

Restylane is FDA approved for lip augmentation. How many cc's you need can be determined in person.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Number of syringes of filler for full lips

Hi and thanks for your question. I really can't estimate the number of syringes your lips need or could tolerate from a photo but yes we have injected more than one syringe in the upper and lower lips when needed. It is not possible to tell what type of filler was used by this celebrity. The safest fillers are HA's like Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero. While not permanent, the results look and feel very natural and last about 6 months. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS