Deep static lines on forehead. Juvederm Botox questions. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello! I'm a total newbie out in the middle of no where:) where Botox and Juvederm is not really discussed. Honestly I don't know anybody who has ever had any injectables done. I have resting horizontal lines and frown lines. . The receptionist mentioned Juvederm. She said a half syringe of Juvederm is 550 and a full syringe is 700 Botox is $12 a unit. She quoted 40 units average I probably need both. How much of both? Also want to avoid the brow drop

A combination of treatments may provide the best results.

This injectable temporarily halts the underlying muscles that trigger the formation of these wrinkles, so a BOTOX® injection could help to prevent frown lines from becoming deeper. Dermal fillers may help to smooth out some of your deeper horizontal forehead lines. You may also benefit from laser skin resurfacing to encourage your skin to rejuvenate itself from the inside out. The most important consideration is to find a skilled, knowledgeable aesthetician for your safety and for optimal results. According to RealSelf, BOTOX® treatment in South Dakota is on the inexpensive end when compared with the rest of the country. It may be useful for you to use the RealSelf search to look for a board-certified plastic surgeon near you.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

I suggest a combination of fillers, lasers and botox to these areas.  This can be treated by a well trained cosmetic surgeon.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler vs. Botox

Your resting forehead wrinkles will likely be reduced (but not completely gone) with the use of Botox. Botox works by paralyzing the muscle. The results usually last 4 months. Brow descent can be avoided by using the proper injection technique. Soft tissue filler can help fill in the remaining lines. The filler will last longer than the Botox. There are a small number of case reports of blindness due to soft tissue filler injections between the eyes. Make sure that your injector has considerable experience.

Deep static lines on forehead. Juvederm Botox questions. Any suggestions

I think the Botox will at best stabilize the wrinkles but not reduce the. I think for that you will require fillers to be used, likely at least 1 cc

Julio Garcia, MD

Injectables for dynamic wrinkles

I would recommend the use of botox (and not filler) in the areas you are interested in correcting.  

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists
Charlotte, NC

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep static lines on forehead.

Dear rinea37,
When people develop deep lines from motion that are present when their expression is at rest you may need to think past just injectables. Raising our brows is a simple expression that people do throughout the course of the day, but when those lines are really etched in there, it may be a sign of your "needing" to raise those brows a lot. You could have brow ptosis or droop, and excess upper eyelid skin. Your eyes are much happier doing their job when your forehead muscles are compensating for the heaviness and actively holding them in a higher position.
Think of your eye brows as being in a tug-of-war where muscles in your forehead are pulling the them up, and your glabella muscles (between your brows) and muscles around the crows feet are pulling them down. If you make one team weak with Botox, the other gets to pull harder. If you place Botox in the glabella and crows feet, the pulling up muscles get to work unopposed and your brows raise higher. This can be good, or super creepy if over arched or unnatural. The forehead muscles will create strong creases as well. If you only put Botox in your forehead, all of that lifting power will be gone and the brows will drop even more with the pulling down muscles working unopposed. This is completely annoying for people with brow ptosis and heavy lids and you will anxiously await the day that Botox wears off. A balance of treating both areas is the best, maintaining a little lift while softening lines. If your injector goes on a mission to soften all of those transverse forehead lines, beware! 
If you have heavy upper lids and naturally lower set brows, a blepharoplasty and possibly a brow lift may be your best bet. Laser resurfacing can also help the deep etched in lines. It is not routine to inject forehead lines with filler, and I would not advise that. There can be some pretty scary complications.
It may be worth a little trip to get a wider perspective on your best course of action if your area is geographically lacking. You know the saying "When all you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail"? The good things about Botox is that is wears off in about 4 months, so if you don't love it, it too shall pass.  

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lines and costs

Hello Rinea37

Prices for Botox and Juvederm varies from region to region.  No matter where you are, however, it is important to schedule a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is a  high volume injector to discuss your concerns and expectations.   For example, the forehead lines are the result of contraction of the frontalis muscle thus elevating your eyebrows.  Complete relaxation of the muscle may smoothen out the lines but you may look worse because of inability to raise the brows.  Good luck!

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD

Forehead and Dynamic Wrinkles

I would definitely only recommend Botox to you for these wrinkles and not Juvederm.  Juvederm is much too thick a product for these wrinkles.  You can also consider some Fraxel lasers as well which should provide you with a beautiful result and improve the texture of your skin.  Best, Dr. Green

BOTOX first, then consider Juvederm and laser as options

BOTOX will relax the wrinkles. I think this would be a wise stepping stone. This will certainly make the lines on your forehead less obvious, as well as your crow's feet area.

Once this is done, consider Juvederm or Restylane to help with volume loss. This can make a huge difference to one's age, as it address volume loss. 

Lasers can improve skin texture, and to some degree skin tone. The balance between skin texture, tone and volume will give you the best results. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist