When can you sleep on your side after lift and augmentation? What's the best way to care for them during night?

Right now I am sleeping in the bra my plastic surgeon gave me. Will I have to wear a sports bra to bed forever? I'm a side sleeper so it's kind of hard to get a good nights sleep right now almost 2 weeks out.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Sleeping Position Post Op

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred post op protocols. I allow my patients to sleep on back or side post op and I do advise a supportive surgical bra to be worn both day and night for 8 weeks. I recommend that you contact your plastic Surgeon and ask what they recommend for you.

All the best

Sleep

It's always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol, but I advise my patients that they can sleep in any position in which they feel comfortable from the night of surgery on. My patients have never experienced problems with this approach. My augmentation/lift patients wear a sports bra day and night for two weeks and then for only 16 hours a day for another month. Hope this helps you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lift and augmentation

I prefer patients to sleep on their back until they are comfortable enough to sleep on their side.  Best of luck.

Sleeping Position after Breast Augmentation and Lift #breastaugmentation #breastlift

• I allow my patients to sleep in whichever position they find most comfortable after breast augmentation/lift.
  • At two weeks, post-operatively you should be just fine sleeping on your side. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Basic postop instructions

Your plastic surgeon's office should have discussed this with you. I would defer to him or her for this. In our practice, postop garments are worn for 6 weeks, after which point any bra may be used. Whether a lift was performed or not, I advise my patients to sleep only on their back for 6 weeks. This minimizes wound complications if a lift was performed, as well as excessive lateral or medial implant displacement leading to possible asymmetry. Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon