Trichophytic Closure Scar?

I am considering FUT . Is trichophytic closure really a scar-less procedure ? I have read patients experience such as a wavy pattern formed by slight change in direction of hair growing through the scar. Any thoughts on this ? I don't have bald patches on scalp, rather I am concerned about thinning particularly on temples, crown . Is FUT a better option than FUE for "not completely bald" cases ?

FUE or FUT

There's no type of hair transplant that is completely scarless. It often is less noticeable than a plan FUT but that's all it can offer. Without knowing the details of your situation, such as how big an area you'd need transplants in, hair thickness, donor area quality, how short you keep your hair, etc. It's impossible to give you a recommendation on which procedure would be best for you. You should see a doctor for a consultation, and from there they can advise you on which procedure fits your case.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no such thing as a scarless surgery. Any cut on the skin, even FUE, will leave a scar.

There is no such thing as a scarless surgery.  Any cut on the skin, even FUE, will leave a scar.  A trichophytic closure will still leave a linear scar.  It may be slightly better than a normal incision scar but it will all depend on how well your body heals.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is a trichophytic closure scarless?

There is no true scarless procedure however the trichophytic closure can minimize the extent of the scar. In today's times scars have gotten better for strip excisions because of information sharing and newer techniques. The trichophytic closure attempts to allow hair to grow directly through the scar line. It doesn't allows work in all individuals. A visual explanation is in the link below.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Trichophytic Closure Scar

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Trychophitic closures

Trychophitic closures are not scar less procedure. They do leave a scar, sometimes with hair in it if this type of closure is done in a particular way. The use of scalpmicrpigmentation is the best way to treat a scar, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Trichophytic closure scar?

runnithan,

FUT or FUSS is an excellent technique to maximize the yield of follicles from your donor area for the purpose of restoring your hair. The trichophytic closure technique is used to have the hair grow through the scar so that the scar is not very visible. There  are other techniques that can help scars become not visible. The most important factor to achieving nearly invisible scars is to avoid pulling at the neck until the scar is mature which takes 6-12 months after surgery.

Sincerely, 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon