How much coolsculpting can be done in one session?

Can you cool sculpt-abdomen, waist, chin, cheeks, inner thighs at one session or should this be spread out over several sessions? Are you totally awake? Please explain any procedure related pain. Thanks-Ray

Coolsculpting multiple areas in one session

We have two Coolsculpting machines in the office, and routinely complete multiple cycles in one day on one patient - that means treating 2 areas during each hour, with a small bathroom break in between each hour. Most patients are comfortable with 3 consecutive hours (6 cycles total). We've had a few patients complete 4 consecutive hours, but they are definitely ready to get out of the office by the end of that time - it's just a lot to handle in one day, since you really can't move too much on the exam table while the machines are on.

Yes, you can Coolsculpt the abdomen, waist, chin, and inner thighs all within the same day, but that is a minimum of 7 cycles - in our office, that would be 3 hours with 2 machines on you simultaneously, plus an extra hour for the 7th cycle (you may be able to find a clinic that can put 3 machines on you simultaneously!). There is no additional anesthesia, but since the targeted areas get numb during treatment, many patients take a nap while Coolsculpting. There is usually some soreness after the procedure that is well-tolerated by most, but there may be delayed pain for some, which is easily managed with Tylenol/Advil or even pain pills.

Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. Our facility has two Coolsculpting machines in the office, and routinely complete multiple cycles in one day on one patient - which means treating two areas per hour. Coolsculpting can not be performed over cheeks.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Session

This is a great question.Generally speaking, you can safely perform 4-6 hour sessions for CoolSculpting, but it is not something I would recommend.First of all, the prolonged treatments time and multiple areas targeted would result more discomfort after the procedure.Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that you are awake for these sessions.Therefore, longer treatment sessions can get pretty boring for you.So, I would suggest splitting up the treatments.I hope this helps.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Session

Thanks for your question.Actually, people can do 4-6 hours of CoolSculpting in one session.While there is no harm in doing a lot of CoolSculpting in one session, you may want to split it up some.Since you are awake during the CoolSculpting procedure, 4-6 hours can create some boredom or you may be really sore after the procedure.It is fine to do 6 hours’ worth of CoolSculpting, but I would recommend trying to split it up into different sessions for your comfort.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. If you are treating that many areas it would likely be spread out over a few hours. You could do the entire treatment in one day or return for another session. You are completely awake during the treatment. If you would like more information and are looking into this procedure, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a CoolSculpting consultation to determine if you are a candidate. This way, you will be able to explain your concerns and find an option that fits your desires. An in-person assessment is always best.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Multiple CoolSculpting sites

We have 3 CoolSculpting machines and frequently use all 3 on patients at the same time. We have performed 6 or more sites in a day. Best Wishes, Maurice Vick MD 

Maurice M. Vick, Jr., MD
Baton Rouge Urologist

Coolsculpting and Number of Treatments in One Session

The number and areas treated can be determined by the amount of time it would take to do all the areas.  I suggest you see a physician for proper assessment.  If you need many areas then liposuction is likely better for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Treatment Time

At the present time cheeks can not be treated with CoolSculpting, but all the other areas may be treated.  Each treatment is 35-60 minutes in length.  The number of treatments you would require needs to be determined by your treating physician.  You are awake for the treatment, but could nap if you wish.  Many people watch movies on their Ipad during treatment.  Discomfort associated with CoolSculpting is minimal.

Eric P. Bachelor, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Several area in one session

All of these areas can be done in one session, but will be time consuming. As for the cheeks, this area is off-label and should only be performed by an experienced Coolsculpt technician with previous experience in this area. I would recommend, starting with the chin then waiting until the next session to assess the jowl area.

Coolsculpting in one session

Coolsculpting is a great procedure and I usually break up the procedures so that you are not doing all of them in one day.  I think is personally is too much to do all of those areas at one time.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green