How Can I Shrink or Refine a Bulbous Nose Without Surgery?

I have a very narrow bridge and middle and a round bulbous tip. I notice that my nose looks much better in cold weather or at times, if I take an antihistamine. Would a kenalog injection provide safe, long-lasting shrinkage to a bulbous tip? Can you recommend any other non-surgical medications or ideas?

Editor's Note: See Do non surgical nose jobs work? for related information.

Bulbous nasal tio

A true bulbous tip will not be corrected using today's technology without surgery.  Non invasive measures can be used to hide it but will not truly improve it.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kenalog can cause atrophy

Kenalog injections can atrophy tissue but they can also depigment the tissues.  So it is not safe to perform in the nose to reduce a tip.

Non surgical rhinoplasty and nasal tip

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty uses fillers to improve symmetry, camouflage irregularities or to increase height of the dorsum or tip.  In some cases, in can be used to make a nose look smaller or longer.  If your nose is of a good height from a side profile, then a nonsurgical rhinoplasty may not give an improvement.  However, fillers can be used on the tip to give it the illusion of a narrowed tip but this has to match the rest of the nose.  In general, you would be better served and happier with a formal open rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasties in your area and consult with them to find out what can be done.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

A non-surgical rhinoplasty, or non-surgical nose job as it is most commonly called, can certainly help with your concerns as it is a revolutionary non-invasive cosmetic procedure that allows the nose to be reshaped without surgery. Through the use of injectable filler the nose can be injected to straighten a nasal profile, lift a droopy tip, create a nose bridge, or smooth out a visible bump.

I hope this information helps!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon