How Can I Shrink or Refine a Bulbous Nose Without Surgery?

I have a very narrow bridge and middle and a round bulbous tip. I notice that my nose looks much better in cold weather or at times, if I take an antihistamine. Would a kenalog injection provide safe, long-lasting shrinkage to a bulbous tip? Can you recommend any other non-surgical medications or ideas?

Editor's Note: See Do non surgical nose jobs work? for related information.

Doctor Answers 3

Kenalog can cause atrophy

Kenalog injections can atrophy tissue but they can also depigment the tissues.  So it is not safe to perform in the nose to reduce a tip.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

A non-surgical rhinoplasty, or non-surgical nose job as it is most commonly called, can certainly help with your concerns as it is a revolutionary non-invasive cosmetic procedure that allows the nose to be reshaped without surgery. Through the use of injectable filler the nose can be injected to straighten a nasal profile, lift a droopy tip, create a nose bridge, or smooth out a visible bump.

I hope this information helps!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 105 reviews

Non surgical rhinoplasty and nasal tip

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty uses fillers to improve symmetry, camouflage irregularities or to increase height of the dorsum or tip.  In some cases, in can be used to make a nose look smaller or longer.  If your nose is of a good height from a side profile, then a nonsurgical rhinoplasty may not give an improvement.  However, fillers can be used on the tip to give it the illusion of a narrowed tip but this has to match the rest of the nose.  In general, you would be better served and happier with a formal open rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasties in your area and consult with them to find out what can be done.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.