Can a hiatal hernia and tummy tuck be done at the same time! (photos)

I'm concerned about too much internal tummy fat and repair of hiatal hernia and I prefer to do both at same time. No sure exact place of hiatal hernia . In photos it's either x or O.

Hernia Repair and Abdominoplasty

Your marks do not suggest a hiatal hernia. Are you sure of this diagnosis? Maybe you have an abdominal hernia instead. What was your previous abdominal surgery? Regardless, sometimes a general surgeon and a plastic surgeon can both perform the needed surgery during the same anesthesia. There are several advantages to combining procedures such as having only one anesthesia, one recovery, one time off work and cost savings. This should be discussed with your surgeon. If this is not what you want, then you should be fine having two separate procedures. Best wishes!

Tummy tuck and hiatal hernia.

Hi,After viewing your fotos  you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck. It should not be done at the same time as repair of hiatal hernia. Did a physician diagnose you with a hiatal herni?  A hiatal hernia is when the esophagus herniates above the diaphragm.  It is internal and its repair can sometimes be done laparoscopically but occasionally requires open surgery. The markings on your stomach may be hernias but not a hiatal hernia.  It would also be best if you lost weight prior to any surgery.  You would see a general surgeon to repair the hiatal hernia.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon