Best treatment for wrinkles and laxity on neck and chest? (Photo)

I would like to improve the tone of my neck and remove wrinkles due to sun damage on my chest. I have had IPL, and that improved the blotchiness. I have heard that Ultherapy for laxity and Halo or Erbium lasers might work for wrinkles (Note, I don't leave the house without a 100 sunscreen! One trip outside with a 100 sunscreen and no covering on my chest gave me this tan. Frustrating. )

Best treatment for wrinkles and laxity on neck and chest?

Also, the Viora® radiofrequency laser is great for superficial skin tightening ("the chicken-skin appearance" in the lower neck) of the face, neck and body also.

Miami Dermatologist

Ultherapy + 1540 fraxel for GREAT skin

Ultherapy is a great option for skin laxity on the neck and jawline and for deeper wrinkles on the décolletage.  It is difficult to tell from the photos but if the wrinkles are more superficial, then1540 non-ablative fraxel laser would work great.  Fractional Laser skin resurfacing uses laser energy microbeams on many different skin types to dramatically improve skin. It works on challenging scars, fine lines and ‘rough’ texture to create smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.Ultherapy is better for patients that have mild to moderate skin laxity.  Ultherapy works by administering ultrasound energy to specific depths of skin and muscle with precise ultrasound guidance, which causes tissue tightening and collagen production.The two treatments together produce the ideal results.  I recommend an in person consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy Results

Ultherapy works by heating small targeted amounts of soft tissue below the surface of the skin to a point where the tissue will contract and the body will create new collagen. It's important to do your research when you are exploring the options of a cosmetic facial procedure. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck. Focusing on the head and neck area means that the specialty area is concentrated and the surgeon is extremely familiar with facial procedures and will understand the measures to take in order for you to achieve optimal results with your Ultherapy procedure. Ultherapy incorporates the use of ultrasound which enables practitioners to see the layers of skin, ensuring the energy is delivered to where it is supposed to go without damaging surrounding tissue cells. Ultherapy treatment assists in slowing down the effects of time and gravity on your skin by using the body's own regenerative response to gently and gradually lift skin on the chin and on the neck, and smooth lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.Watch the link below to learn more.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles and Laxity on Neck and Chest

Hi and thank you for your question! Yes, I do think Ultherapy would be great to help lift and tighten the neck!  As far as the chest, its hard to see a clear view on the wrinkles, but it seems like its more surface, textural irregularities from sun damage, as opposed to the deeper wrinkles that Ultherapy can be helpful with. For this concern, we would recommend two Halo treatments, and if you wanted more improvement in the color and tone, we would recommend BBL be combined with that, as well. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Neck and Chest rejuvenation

Best on your photos you would be a great candidate for a combination of Ultherapy and Fraxel treatments.  Ultherapy addresses laxity of skin and builds collagen.  The Fraxel will help with the sun damage.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Neck and Chest wrinkles...

Thank you for your question.  Ultherapy possibly combined with Scuptra will yield excellent results.  Halo and other resurfacing lasers work for pigmentation and texture of skin, but likely will not affect skin tightening and lifting like Ulthera.  Please follow up with a board certified Dermatologist for proper evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon