Can Silhouette lift be applied multiple times?

I see the result will last for 18 months. Can I do it again then? Will there be any residue in the skin? Will that cause any problems for other procedures such as filler?

Repeating Silhouette Instalift

Thank you for your question. The great thing about this procedure, is that you can build on the results.  Each and every suture can further reduce some of the laxity.  Very often, patients will return and ask if I can add sutures to other areas of the face or even further reduce the appearance of jowls or nasolabial folds.  Like fillers, these sutures have tremendous potential to help combat the aging process and the results follow the skill and experience level of the surgeon as well as the placement and number of sutures involved.  I would recommend that you visit an experienced surgeon who can discuss several different options for you.

Silhouette InstaLift Non-Surgical Face Lifting

Silhouette InstaLift is an exciting new procedure which utilizes sutures to provide a long-lasting lift to the mid-face. It differs from the “thread lifts” of the past in that the sutures placed within the tissue are resorbable, and will typically dissolve completely within a couple years. With proper placement and care, Silhouette InstaLift involves very minimal chances of infection, visibility of sutures, or other negative side effects associated with permanent thread lift techniques. 

The company is currently recommending waiting at least three months before adding more sutures, so you should be perfectly fine to repeat the procedure in 18 months, which is the average amount of time Silhouette InstaLift results will last.  Additional aesthetic procedures such as filler and lasers should be able to safely be performed 1-2 weeks post-Silhouette InstaLift. Be sure to consult with a board certified Dermatologist when you are ready to move forward with treatment. Best of luck! 

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Multiple thread lifts

Silhouette Lift is a permanent suture that can be re-tightened. There is no need to repeat the procedure in most cases.

Good luck!
drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Silhouette InstaLift

You can absolutely add additional sutures after 18 months.  It is safe to combine this procedure with fillers as well, although it is recommended that you wait a couple of weeks before doing so.  The reasoning is so that the tissues are healed and swelling resolved before having further treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

Yes, this procedure can be repeated for continued results- Silhouette Soft

Absolutely. This procedure can be repeated. In fact it can be done in stages - for example threads to the jawline to lift jowls, followed by the mid facial areas to help with nasolabial folds etc... This procedure does not replace the need for volume replacement, but can lift key areas by up to 10 mm. This procedure works well, however choosing the correct candidate is paramount to the success of Silhouette thread lifting. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist