Cheek fillers are falling down after one month. Is this normal? (Photo)

I did 2 syringes of radiesse 1 month ago on my cheek area and I am noticing them "falling" down my face - my cheeks are much higher in the before. Everything looked great immediately after procedure and now I feel I am quickly losing the results. At this rate I fear I may look like I didn't do anything at all. Is this rate of falling normal?

Swelling post Radiesse filler. Wait 8 weeks for results.

I suspect it was swelling in the beginning, however having said that Radiesse does give a correction immediately after the procedure. The best results, as you can see from the video link is obtained 10-12 weeks after the filler is placed. I do agree with Dr Palmer, my preference for someone of your age group will be with HA Fillers such as Juvederm Voluma and Volift, as it enables me to contour your cheek bones and mid cheek area to a better degree than Radiessse. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Falling radiesse

Hello Mellomartian and thank you for your question!

It appears that you fell in love with the swelling... then the swelling left- I see this all the time. Patients love the way they look initially after the treatment. The swelling can hang around for 2-3 even 4 weeks there is some residual swelling. 

If you would like more volume, more can be injected, another thought is something like mid face implants are safe, natural appearing, and easy to predict could be a great option for you as well. 

Hope this help and good luck!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

2 syringes of radiesse 1 month ago on my cheek area and I am noticing them "falling" down my face

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Unlike the HA fillers, Radiesse can't be dissolved or otherwise adjusted.  This is one of the reasons that I prefer using Restylane Lift to shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line when using a dermal filler.  Radiesse, and HA fillers will not move or migrate after they are injected.  What you are seeing in my opinion is a relative augmentation of the outer cheek than in the front.  In my opinion, the front portion of your cheeks remain relatively flat making your face rectangularly shaped.  Proper placement of the dermal filler will soften the cheeks and create a more youthful, feminine heart-shaped face.

Hope this helps.

Radiesse falling down?

Your Radiess is not falling down; your swelling has subsided and you just need more filling to be performed. You need more volume.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Cheek Fillers are Falling 1 Month after Injection

Initially you had normal post injection swelling; now that this is resolving you're seeing the true result of your Radiuses fillers. They are not shifting. If you're not satisfied I suggest you contact your physician.

Radiesse Results--Cheek Augmentation with facial fillers, implants or fat

Keep in mind that you most likely had swelling in your before picture, which resolves after a few weeks. It may be that the placement wasn't high enough for the results you wanted. Radiofrequency and laser can help tighten and lift the area. See a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse and cheeks

The initial; result you describe and show is the result of swelling and as this has dissipated the radiesse is showing more and appears to be placed too low. It is not falling. Be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist