PicoSure: Is This Laser an Effective Treatment for Stretch Marks?

Can the PicoSure be used to treat stretch marks? Does it work on all types of stretch marks?

PicoSure and Stretch Marks

Picosure is not FDA approved to treat stretch marks and it can make slight improvements but it would not deliver satisfying results to patients therefore it is not my treatment of choice for stretch marks. Stretch marks are difficult to treat and most successful way to remove stretch marks in on the stomach area with tummy tuck. Moreover, you can look into creams and topical solutions that minimize visibility of stretch marks. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Stretch marks are difficult to treat

I own a Picosure and do not offer it to patients for stretch marks as I feel that while it may make them a little bit better, it is not going to remove them completely and thus most patients will not be happy with the results.  If you are going to a doc who is offering you Picosure for stretch marks be sure to ask to see several before and after pictures before spending a large amount of money.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon