Should botox be injected slowly or quickly?

I've gotten botox twice now and from two different providers. One was a PA and she did a very slow and calculated injection and would both insert and inject slowly. She hit a blood vessel I guess cause I got a bruise under one eye. The next day I couldn't squint as much as I used to. The other provider was an MD, he did super fast pricks and was done. No bruising. I was still able to squint but everyone said I looked so refreshed.

Speed of injection.

Thanks for your question. The speed of the injection will have no effect on the result of your Botox. The skill and experience of the injector is more relevant. 

Speed of injection.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Speed of injecting Botox

Hello Kellywhite,

The speed of the injection should have no effect on the result.  What matters more is how many units of Botox are injected and where those units are injected.  It sounds like your result was actually better with the slow injector since you couldn't squint afterwards even if everyone else was saying the fast injector made you look more refreshed.  If you liked the results from both, I'd go with the one that you felt more comfortable with.  

I hope this helps and good luck. 

Speed of injecting Botox

Hello Kellywhite,

I hope this helps and good luck. 

Botox and Speed of Injections

There is no different in quick versus slow injections with botox.  I have found slower usually means less bruising (this is true with fillers) if it were to occur.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Speed of Injections

Botox and speed of injection

More important than the speed of the injection is the skill of the injector. It sounds like the physician had much more skill at injecting. That is the key to good cosmetic injections. 

Botox and speed of injection

Speed of the Botox Injection

The speed of the injection is probably not as important as the location and the dose.  I guess it's kind of the "do you jump in the cold pool or slowly ease yourself in?" type of a question.  As long as your speed is not excessive in that you don't know how much botox you are injecting and you get sloppy, then I try to inject as quickly as possible.  While not painful, I'm sure most patients want to get through the experience and not lay there for 10 minutes with a needle in their skin.     

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Speed of the Botox Injection

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injections

Botox is to be injected by a master injector. Injecting slow or fast is the injectors discretion. One should never be rushed. Every time a needle is injected into the skin bruising can occur. I hope this helps. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Botox injections

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Botox needs to be injected in the proper place, in the proper dose and without causing you undue discomfort. Bruising can occur following Botox injections but should occur very infrequently in the hands of an experienced injector. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injection speed

I do not think that it makes a big difference on how quickly the botox is injected.
This depends on the practitioner's technique
What matters more is how many units and where they are placed.

Amy Kotecha, MD
Arlington Ophthalmologist

Botox injection speed

Amy Kotecha, MD
Arlington Ophthalmologist

Speed of Botox Injection

I don't think that it makes a big difference how fast Botox is injected but the injector should go slow enough to keep close track of the units being injected and the exact injection sites.  I personally don't like doing rushed or super-fast injections.  I like to mark out my injection points beforehand with a makeup pencil to be more precise. This allows me to place the Botox exactly where I want it and I can minimize the risk for bruising by avoiding veins.

It's even more important to inject slowly when doing filler injections.  Fast injections done under high pressure have a higher risk for uneven results and side effects such as bruising and other more serious problems.  

Speed of Botox Injection

Botox injection speed

The speed in which Botox is injected has no bearing on its effect. Sometimes the skill level of the injector varies, as well as their technique. Finding a certified clinic with an experienced injector is important for your results, as well as the continuity of your treatments. 

Best Regards

Botox injection speed

Best Regards