Juvederm lip fillers completely dissolved after a few days? (Photo)

I got 1 ml of juvederm in my lips 4 days ago and feel like it has completely dissolved in my lower lip. Is this possible?

Juvederm dissolved after a few days

Thanks for your question. First of all, I'm assuming that you went to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist for your Juvederm injection. By doing so you minimize the risk of being injected with counterfeit Juvederm.
Juvederm generally lasts anywhere between 3-6 months. For a few days after the injection there can often be swelling. Swelling may have made your lips plump up, and now that the swelling has subsided it appears that the Juvederm has dissolved. If you liked the look of your lips when they were swollen, then you may want to schedule another appointment to have more Juvederm injected into your lips to achieve that look. 

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. Swelling occurs after the injection and can last 3-14 days. once the swelling has subsided, if you enjoyed a more fuller look, it is possible that you would benefit from an additional syringe to achieve your desired look. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Juvederm and Lip Swelling

Juvederm swells and then goes down.  If you are unhappy at 2 weeks then add more fillers.  This is the typical protocol I use in my practice.  You may need more volume than you anticipate for improvement or may need a different filler like voluma that lasts longer and is more robust.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm in the Lips

Juvederm in the lips on average can last anywhere from 3-6 months. When first injected it has a tendency to swell quite a bit. This swelling resolves within a few days to reveal your final result. Depending on how full of a look you are going for, you might need more than 1 syringe. Also, there are different Juvederm types, all with different size molecules that might give different fullness looks.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Filler in lips

The filler should still be in your lips.  During the first few days after the procedure the lips swell and as the swelling subsides, the lips may look a bit smaller and give the perception of the filler no longer being there. If you liked the look when they were swollen, then you might desire more filler.

Wasting of Juvederm

While it is highly unlikely that the Juvederm left after just a couple of days, anything is possible.  Many times swelling will cause a pseudo-inflation of the lips and you may like that appearance.  If that  is the case, you may need more product in the lips.  Remember it is always easier to place more product into the lip than to have to take away.
Consult with your injector for more options.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler gone after a few days?

It is impossible for it to be gone that soon. The lip swells after injection and many people like that look. If you want to get to the same fullness as it was then more filler is needed. Wait about 2 weeks and go back to your doctor to discuss.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm in lips

They are definitely larger than before.  When we put Juvederm or other fillers into the lips, the lips will get swollen for a few days.  As the swelling subsides, you then have just the additional volume of the filler.  It would not go away in a week.  When doing lips it is always best to add slowly so as not to overcorrect.  If you liked the larger look, then you should get some additional filler.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm lip fillers completely dissolved after a few days?

1 syringe (1 cc) seems like would be enough to improve your upper lip! So I must ask - Are you sure you had Juvederm and not a fake HA filler injection? Are you sure it was 1 cc vs 1/2 cc? What did you pay? If under $500 than you had1/2 cc!. Was your injector an MD? PS?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  Because of the thin tissues of the lips there is often associated swelling with filler placement that resolves over the first few days.  Though your pictures demonstrate an enhancement in overall size, additional filler placement would likely give you the appearance you are after.  It is often wise to do lip augmentation over a series of treatments in order to limit the amount of swelling that develops.  Hope this helps.