What Juvederm is best to fill smokers lines

Juvederm Ultra for Smokers Lines

Juvederm Ultra is the thinnest in texture, therefore the best of the Juvederm line of products to use.

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Belotero for smoker's lines versus Ultherapy lips - Buffalo Niagara, NY

I recommend Belotero for this.

Another great option for smoker's lines on the lips is the new Ultherapy transducers. I have seen great results with those.

In summary, you need an in person evaluation and you may be recommended several things, all of which may be helpful including but not limited to :

Obagi Blue peel
fractional laser resurfacing
Ultherapy
RF therapy
volume fillers like Belotero

Thank you for posting your question. A picture would have been very helpful in delineating exactly what you mean and where you have these smoker's lines and how bad they are ... 

Juvederm Volbella XC FDA indicated for perioral rhytids. Experienced injector necessary

The FDA has recently approved Juvederm Volbella XC in the United States to treat perioral rhytids or "smokers lines" as they are often called even if a client has never smoked. This product has been proven to last upwards of a year however if very technique dependent. The injection technique of this product is very specific and is not for the novice injector. If injected too superficially or not within the specific subdermal region, one can be left with lumps, bumps and blue discoloration. It is important to find an injector who has performed thousands of Juvederm procedures. This product is fantastic however is only as good as the injector performing it. Best wishes.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What Juvederm is best to fill smokers lines?

If you are a smoker, you are probably wasting your time with fillers. First, stop smoking. 

Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane are my favorite fillers for the smoker's lines of the upper lip. They must be expertly injected however to prevent ridging. They should be injected in the lines themselves and horizontally in a layer between the dermis and the underlying muscle to help separate the underlying muscle from the dermis. The border between the Vermillion (red part of the lip) and the skin can also be injected with a very small amount of product. If too much is injected, it makes the patient look like a duck. I also suggest judiciously injections of Botox which is commonly used for smokers wrinkles and weakens the muscle causing the wrinkles. Too much is obviously not a good thing.

Treating smokers wrinkles generally requires a program of the mentioned fillers, Botox or Dysport, and a laser such as a Fraxel. A good skin care regimen such as New Youth Skin Care is an additional treatment that will increase the thinckness of the dermis. Thicker dermis is wrinkle less. Best of luck to you.

Juvederm product for smokers lines

Juvederm volbella produces a soft and natural correction to smokers lines without adding excess volume above the lip. Combined with quality medical skincare and possibly small amounts of botox these lines can be greatly improved.

Which filler for smoker's lines

Restylane fine lines, Juvederm Ultra, or Juvederm Volbella are all nice options for the smoker's lines around the mouth. More importantly than the filler is the technique and expertise of your physician injector.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra, Belotero are good options.
Restylane Silk is a new filler that is designed to treat fine lines
Its more important to find a Doctor who can give you the results you are after
All the best

Fillers for smokers lines

Restylane Silk (called Restylane Fine Lines in Canada) is my favorite filler for smoker's lines.  Juvederm may cause too much plumping for an unnatural look, but another Allergan product, Volbella, available in Canada, is another good option.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Smoker Lines Treatment Options

Restylane silk and belotero are good HA fillers for superficial wrinkles.  Although for many years I have used juvederm ultra without any problems and great results.  Lasers are the first line treatment and should be used in combination with fillers or other radiofrequency devices to get improvement.  I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane SILK is a great new filler for these fine lines.

Restylane SILK is a great new filler that just became available in the US market.  It has been used in Europe and Canada for years.  It is a thinner hyaluronic acid and disperses very easily and so more effective for fine lines around the lips.  There are not many doctors who have been trained in Restylane SILK.  Over this year, it will be more readily available.  Good luck!