About Laser Excel V on my telangiectasias (Photo)

I had Excel V laser to treat telangiectasias and that helped with some of them, but above on my nose there are many of them and that treatment I had 5 weeks ago. Is it normal that? They are very noticeable above on my nose. On my cheeks they have disappeared. I even had a crust post laser and that left me a scar on the tip of the nose. My dermatologist told me the telangiectasias could disappear with time. And on the scar, he says that should "raise". Is it true?

Not all the vessels go away on the first visit

While some of the vessels may had resolved more often than not several treatments spaced at least a month apart are required to close the veins or small arterioles. I find that many patients require 2-3 sessions.

As far as the scar there are cases where remodeling did occur after this therapy

Commack Physician

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Commack Physician

Excel V and Nasal Vessels

It takes more than one treatment for improvement with any vascular laser.  I suggest you see a laser expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Excel V and Nasal Vessels

Excel V for Red spot

Thank you for your question.  The Excel V is currently the best device at removing red spots, previously we used pulsed dye lasers like the V-beam.  Even with the improvements we see using the Excel V it can take 1-3 treatments to remove telangiectasis and other vascular lesions.  I advise you follow back up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation, management and possibly additional treatments.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Excel V for Red spot

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon