About Laser Excel V on my telangiectasias (Photo)

I had Excel V laser to treat telangiectasias and that helped with some of them, but above on my nose there are many of them and that treatment I had 5 weeks ago. Is it normal that? They are very noticeable above on my nose. On my cheeks they have disappeared. I even had a crust post laser and that left me a scar on the tip of the nose. My dermatologist told me the telangiectasias could disappear with time. And on the scar, he says that should "raise". Is it true?

Excel V and Nasal Vessels

It takes more than one treatment for improvement with any vascular laser.  I suggest you see a laser expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Excel V for Red spot

Thank you for your question.  The Excel V is currently the best device at removing red spots, previously we used pulsed dye lasers like the V-beam.  Even with the improvements we see using the Excel V it can take 1-3 treatments to remove telangiectasis and other vascular lesions.  I advise you follow back up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation, management and possibly additional treatments.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon