Botox injected along the jawlines from below the cheeks all the way to sides of the chin caused no saliva production.
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
Botox Nefertiti lift
Botox and Dry Mouth After Jawline Injections
Botox and dry mouth
You might also like...
Botox effect on saliva production
- This is an unusual complication - usually the masseter muscle is easily felt, so Botox can be injected directly.
- I agree with you that the Botox was probably not injected into the muscle
- Botox effects like this are not permanent and the glands will not be permanently damaged.
- The effect is probably not on saliva production but on the muscles that eject saliva into the mouth.
- On average it takes 3 months for Botox effects to wear off - up to a year in some people.
- A dry mouth can cause dental problems - so be sure to floss every day, rinse you mouth with dry mouth rinse as often as needed and suck sugar-free hard candy to help to stimulate production.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.