Does Botox last longer in zygomaticus muscle than other areas?

Thank you to doctors who took time to respond to me on here. I have had my eyes checked by primary doctor. My other botox issue: migration to zygomaticus major getting worse. The corner of my mouth is sort of folding over and drooping - is that because muscle has been out of use? Smile still uneven. Some reviews have said botox wears off quicker here big muscle others say it lasts longer. What should i expect? Now at 10 weeks.

Botox in the zygomaticus muscles

Thank you for your question Avril71. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Side effects can occur if the Botox spreads to adjacent muscles. The higher the dose, the longer the duration of side effects. Botox can be used in the orbicularis oculi to treat crow's feet and the masseter to contour the lower face. These muscles are nearby the zygomaticus muscles. Dosing used for the masseter is typically higher than that used for the crow's feet. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

How long does Botox last

Botox lasts on average 3-4 months regardless of the size or location of the muscle. on occasion it can last longer but that is not very common. your problem should clear 

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox effect on Zygomaticus muscle

Thank you for asking about your Botox effects.

• Botox lasts on average 3 months.
  • In  some people it lasts much longer.
  • The problem is because the Botox effects is for the nerves to stop telling the muscles to work.
  • It is not from lack of use.
  • Botox usually wears off faster in larger muscles -
  • In the Z. major, it is usually 3 months.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.