Blisters inside of my lip after Juvederm injections. Any suggestions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 8
Blister on lips after filler
Blisters on Lips After Juvederm
Blisters after Juvederm Injections in your lips
It is possible that the injections have triggered a cold sore. I would return to your treating physician for examination to confirm the diagnosis and best treatment. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
Swollen, painful blistered lips after Juvederm
- I am sorry this happened.
- Persistently swollen, painful lips with or without blisters after a filler injection are almost certainly from a herpes (cold sore) lip infection that was reactivated by the injection.
- You need a prescription for Valtrex or other antiviral and will need to take it (probably) for at least six weeks.
- You need to take this or another preventive anti-viral before any future filler injection and for 5 days afterwards.
- There is no shame in having a herpes lip infection - about 90% of Americans now have this chronic virus infection.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Blisters inside of my lip after Juvederm injections. Any suggestions?
"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, used against any physician or as medical witness expert advice or court, but only opinion. This answer is for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."
Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz
Blisters inside of my lip after Juvederm injections
Sore inside mouth after lip filler
Sore after filler
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.