Bruise turned into scab after liposuction? (Photo)

I recently got a Brazilian butt lift with aggressive lipo on my back and abdomen. I love my results and I assumed the extreme bruising on my back was normal. But when I took a shower today I noticed the bruises on my back had hardened and started to scab. What is this? Will I have a large scar on my back?? I'm 2 weeks post op

Skin Necrosis Following Liposuction

It is unfortunate that this has occurred. This area that appears "bruised" is actually evidence of skin necrosis. This represents damage to the underlying skin which occurred during your liposuction. At this time, you will require wound care and possible debridement of this necrotic skin. You need to return to your surgeon, who will be better able to assist you.

It is for reasons such as this- to ensure that you always choose a board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. Good Luck with your healing.

Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Skin changes after aggressive liposuction

Thank you for asking about your brazilian butt lift.

• Unfortunately what you are seeing is not bruising but damage to the skin.
  • Only your surgeon will know what caused this so please return to see her/him for care.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Complication

Thank you for the question and photos and I would see my surgeon ASAP as what is occurring appears to be a complication of the procedure that needs to be treated.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Scabs After Liposuction

You appear to have burns on your back and abdomen. Discuss with your surgeon whether he used an augmented type of liposuction like laser, ultrasound, or radio frequency.  This would not happen with liposuction alone. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Follow up with Doctor for Wound Care to Prevent Scarring

This looks like necrosis of the skin, likely the skin and blood vessels were damage during the procedure. I suggest wound care, hyperbaric oxygen and speaking to your physician at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.