Low INR .95. How can I make it higher for my surgery?

Hi, can someone tell me how can I bring my INR higher. I am looking for over the counter medicine or some type of food/veggies/fruits. Thanks much!

Low INR

Your INR is in the low range of normal. We are not bothered by low INR's, only elevated ones. The INR is used to measure the effects of blood thinners such as heparin and coumadin. It is not a measure of the likelihood of having a blood clot. If your INR was high you might be at increased risk of bleeding during your surgery. I wouldn't worry about this.

Elevating INR

See your internist for treatment.  This should not be handled using OTC medications or herbal supplements.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS