Is there pain in hands after Restylane filler?

I'm an author with a deadline and type constantly. I want to fill my veiny, bony hands, but I'm afraid there could be lingering pain after the injections. I'm concerned having the filler injected right next to the bones.

Restylane Filler

The discomfort experienced after Restylane
filler in the hands should be minimal during the procedure and post. The pain
experience may be described as a mild, achy feeling which should be temporary
and subside shortly thereafter. There should certainly not be any lasting
pain/discomfort long term. There is a better filler for hands available and its
called Radiesse for hands.

Columbus Physician

Restylane filler in the Hands

Thank you for your question.  There is typically no pain after the injection of Restylane into the hands.  If larger volumes (more than 1 syringe per hand) is used there is a higher risk of an adverse event such as pain and swelling.  If you desire more than 1 syringe per hand it would be best to have more than 1 treatment session to minimize your complication risk.  I wish you the best!

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist

Hand Rejuvenation -- Radiesse/Fillers, Laser/Microneedling

Fillers can be placed in the hands with minimal pain and likely no downtime; I prefer Radiesse for this area. I suggest consulting with an expert for further evaluation. 

Hand injections

Generally there is no pain and no down time after the injections. Radiesse is a better choice than Restlane and it does not make any difference whether the doctor uses cannula or needle but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

No pain with fillers to hands

This procedure should give you minimal to no downtime. The skin over the hands moves easily and will accommodate fillers without problem, Bruising is unlikely when we use blunt microcannulas to place the filler. Another procedure you should consider is sclerotherapy for the vessels of the hands. Again, minimal to no pain, with wonderful results.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist