I had an orbital decompression 15 years ago and now my eyes have shifted. What are my options? (Photo)

Fifteen years ago I had a decompression. Surgery was done w/ incisions in my gums and I lost feeling in my 4 front upper teeth. On the upside, they looked perfect. Then after I got pregnant, My antibodies came back and I gained 50 lbs. When I got back to "normal", my eye had sunken in the orbit about 4 mm. My right eye protruded over 30 mm so much of the orbital floor was removed and scar tissue on my CT scan has fallen Into the sinus. . I have read about restylane, or is implant necessary?

Orbital floor implant after previous decompression to treat sunken eye

Unfortunately, the right is sunken down (hypoglobus) which happens when orbital decompression is down through the mouth and the orbital floor is removed. I need to see CT scan of your orbits and more photos of eyes to better tell you treatment options, which may include right orbital floor implant to push the eyeball up. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Orbital decompression

Thank you for the picture.  The hypoglobus is evident for sure.  restylane alone wont do anything to change where the globe rests (given enough restylane you can certainly alter how the lower lid sits however, but it will not affect the eye itself).  in regards to placing an orbital floor implant or other options, i suggest you go see your oculoplastic surgeon or head and neck surgeon who did your decompression.  There are certainly different things that can be done (such as placing an implant to elevate a sinking globe and doing a concurrent medial wall decompression endoscopically, for example).  hypoglobus after an inferior decompression can be tricky to manage, specially 15 years out.  that being said, you do have options.  i strongly suggest you go see the doctors that did it, or if you are no longer in that area, find an oculoplastic specialist who can point you in the right direction.  best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP can all be used to get improvement. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.