Is it safe to do IVF to get pregnant 6-8 weeks post liposuction revision surgery? Waiting longer for IVF is not an option.

I am having liposuction revision surgery to fix a very botched job that I can no longer live with. You can see the huge deformity through my clothes. I will be having fat grafting and revision in my outer thigh especially with touch up other places. I wouldn't start meds until I am fully out of garments and injections wouldn't start until at least 2 months post surgery. Waiting longer for IVF is not an option because I will be moving out of the state and do not want to start over with a new doctor.

Post Liposuction and IVF Treatment

It should be okay and typically any changes after liposuction resolve 4-12 weeks later.  Consider speaking to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and IVF

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and IVF
  • The person to ask is your IVF doctor.
  • There are hormonal changes from surgery but they are usually gone by 6-8 weeks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

IVF lipo

This is a question for your IVF doctor.  Liposuction does put people at risk for DVT, which could be increased when taking hormones for IVF.  If it has been months since your surgery and your are very mobile before you start those, then it probably is not a factor.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon