Lipo on back?

Ive had these rolls for a long time and was wondering what to do.

Liposuction of the back

Unfortunately, your picture didn't come through with your question. Liposuction for removal of fat accumulation on the back is a very successful technique, in general. Please see a board-certified dermatologic surgeon who performs liposuction for an evaluation.

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Back liposuction?

Generally speaking you can estimate the degree of improvement from liposuction of the back by pinching a double layer of your skin and determining its thickness.  The greater the thickness the more fat padding is present bigger the improvement.  Many patients enjoy the flattening of the roles that appear both above and below the bra strap after undergoing liposuction.  Since your photograph did not show up I would suggest you meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined and receive their advice in a face-to-face setting.
Good luck and best wishes.  The video above may provide some helpful information for you.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - BACK CONTOURING

I find that 4D contouring of the back with VASER does the best for this area for tightening and fat removal.  Please see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo of backs

Sorry but I cannot see the photo.  In general, lipo of the back is possible, but if you have hanging skin , the hanging skin will not improve from lipo alone.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  The picture you submitted did not come through.  Without a photo a true determination cannot be made.  That being said, liposuction on the back is a commonly performed procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, address your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that will help you best achieve your overall desired look.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lipo on back?

Though your photo did not properly transmit, liposuction on the back is a commonly performed procedure.  Though lower back (love handles) are more common, the upper back (bra rolls) can also be included.  Normally this is done in conjunction with the rest of the waist (abdomen and flanks), but it can also be done as a stand alone procedure.  In my practice, I have found the addition of laser liposuction to be very helpful in these areas as the back can be very fibrous and dense.  Be careful that your doctor is board certified in plastic surgery because there are many in Franklin and Nashville that are not.Best wishes.

Shayne Webb, MD

Back liposuction

Unfortunately your photograph did not transmit in a way that it can be seen, but in general dicrete fat deposits of the back can be liposuctioned.  Sometime those rolls are the result of loose skin, in which case liposuction is not as likely to be successful.  Some of the non-surgical fat reduction technologies like CoolsSculpt and SculpSure have also been very successful when used for the right patient.  I suggest a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a particular interest in body contouring and who can offer you both surgical and non-surgical options to achieve your desired outcome.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

The treatment of back bra rolls

Back bra rolls can respond well to liposuction depending on a few variables. The area it's always a combination of skin laxity and excess fat. The skin on the back it's in a loose position when the arm is it down. By definition it needs to be in order to have enough laxative to allow for the arm to be erased and body stretched.  There are skin the attachments in various places on the body. The mid back is one of them. This means that when the arm goes from an opposition to a down position the skin will drop with it up to the point of the skin attachments and that's where the roll is formed. Skin creases and skin rolls are often predictable and anatomically distinct based on these various anatomic skin attachments. Patients who have relatively tight skin and fix layers of subcutaneous fat should expect impressive results. On the other hand patients with excess of loose skin and fin layers of subcutaneous fat will not have impressive results and maybe disappointed with the procedure. And in person examination in conjunction with an experienced surgeon can help easily differentiate who should be excited about results from liposuction and who may need more drastic intervention such as a lift or skin resection. Consider reposting your pictures or better yet have a few in person consultations with local board-certified plastic surgeon's. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo to back

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately your picture did not transmitted. In general lipo works well for back rolls. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Liposuction for back rolls?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.Liposuction on back rolls can be very effective. Your photo didn't transmit, so I can't unfortunately say if it is the right approach for you. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS