How many syringes do I need for my jaw, chin, and lips? (photos)

I have a receded chin and weak jaw line, so I wanted to get fillers. How many syringes do you think I would need and approximately what would be the price range? The last photo is a side profile I like, but do you think it's acheiveable? Thank you.

Lower Face Enhancement with Fillers

Dear foreverlaila:

Looking at your photos, I would suggest starting off with a single syringe of Juvederm Voluma and commencing with the jawline and chin and upon review in 2 weeks decide whether the lips indeed have to be enhanced or not.  Hope this information helps.  All the best.

Chin implant vs fillers

Thanks for the great question and the photos. In my opinion you won't be able to get to the same projection as you showed in the picture just with fillers. To get better projection you would probably need at least two syringes. Having a chin augmentation will give you more of the look you desire and is permanent. It is an easy outpatient surgery that is likely more cost effective in the long term. I hope this helps!

~Dr. Sieber

Chin, lips, jaw

We typically use a filler called Voluma for the chin as it lasts 2 years. We charge $799 per 1ml, and you would probably need 2-3 ml to get the result in the picture you show. 1ml of lip filler is probably enough to get you your desired results, and the one I would recommend is Juvederm Ultra Plus. It is $549 at our practice.  I think the side profile you like is achievable for you and total cost would be about $3000 to do this without the risks and downtime of surgery.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Most likely 2-3 syringes

Thank you for your question and photos. From the photos you submitted, it looks like you would need 1-2 syringes to create the contour in the chin that you desire. You already have quite full lips, but to achieve the look depicted here you would probably need 1 syringe. Of course, if you are seriously considering fillers for lip and chin augmentation, please schedule an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is familiar with this treatment who can guide you to a treatment plan that works best for you!

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How many syringes?

The amount of syringes can vary greatly depending upon the product, how you respond to the product, and the injector. Also, the costs vary widely as well, however many injectors offer discounts depending how much product you purchase. I would recommend finding a reputable provider for a complete evaluation. Best Wishes!