When should I see Sculptra results in temples?

I got one vial just for my temples 2 mo ago. Then 2nd vial for just the temples one month ago. So now 2 months later my temples show no sign of increased volume. Before and after pics show the same concave temples I started out with. Should I expect any result at this point?

Sculptra and Temples -- Combine with Radiesse and/or PRP

I find that a combination approach is needed for this area.  you may have needed more to start.  It takes 3-6 months to see improvement with sculptra and formal and 3D photos should be obtained.  I combine with an immediate filler or PRP to get even more collagen production long term.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Temple filling with Sculptra

I find the results are seen at about 2 months. Sometimes a lot of filler is needed. Sculptra is the safest and most natural looking filler in this area in my opinion. Placing a bit of diluted Juvederm superficially in the temples is done sometimes for extremely hollow temples. Results of Sculptra injections will be extremely long lasting if placed on the periostium because it is almost like new bone formation. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

When should Sculptra results be seen in temples?

There are several factors which can influence how soon results can be seen after Sculptra treatments.  The severity of the starting point and the characteristics of the patient's skin can determine whether results are seen sooner or later.  In some cases, where the starting point of volume loss is fairly mild, it may only take one or two sessions before some improvement is seen.  In cases where the volume loss is more severe, it could take three or more sessions to see the beginning of noticeable results.  The alternative would be to use a filler which adds volume immediately, rather than a stimulating agent such as Sculptra.  The downside to this alternative is that generally, the results would not be maintained for as long as those seen with Sculptra. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and temples

Thank you for your question. I have found for long term treatment of temple volume loss that Sculptra works very well. Since the amount of volume loss in the temple is different in everyone the amount of Sculptra needed varies from patient to patient. The more volume loss the more treatments and the longer it takes to see the result. But in my experience the volume that is created lasts a long time. I do have patients return to see me for occasional follow up treatments to keep up with the continual increasing volume loss that develops as we age.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Sculptra and the Temples

It can take two to three treatments (spaced one month apart) to see the full results of the temple area.  Please consult a specialist for this delicate area.  The results will then last more than two years.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra

Sculptra is a tissue stimulator meaning that it relies on the body to produce collagen and elastin in response to the injected Poly-L-lactic acid bead. Results from Sculptra occur gradually and typically patients will see correction in volume approximately four to six weeks after treatment. The more Sculptra injected the bigger the response – but results may be affected by the age of the patient as well as the degree to which the fibroblasts are capable of responding. It is possible there is a degree of hollowing that may require more than two vials. Consult with your physician to discuss the treatment plan.

Lisa Airan, MD