Sculptra vs Voluma vs Restylane Lyft? (Photo)

My lower face is thin and I want to add more volume. I like the idea that Voluma and Restylane are both hyaluronic acid and can be reversed. But I keep hearing those shouldn't be used for the lower face. Sculptra concerns me because you're stuck with it even if you don't like the results. I've also heard you have to massage the Sculptra areas 5 minutes a day for 5 days to prevent lumps and bumps. Is that true? Can you have a lower face lift or fat graft even a year or so after having Sculptra?

Sculptra vs Voluma vs Lyft

All of the these fillers are FDA-approved and are great products.  The advantage of Sculptra is that it can be injected over a large area to give full face rejuvenation.  The risk of bumps or nodules after Sculptra is low when the product is mixed and injected properly by an experienced injector.  Massage after Sculptra is also helpful.  An HA filler such as Restylane is great for the tear troughs or hollows under the eyes.  You would likely do best with a combination of both Sculptra and HA fillers.  
Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Volume replacement in combination with other techniques...

Thank you for your question.  If you replace your mid face volume with an HA filler like Voluma or Lyft you will recreate the v-shape to the face.  This in combination with lower face techniques like Thermitight will restore the natural shape to your face.  Sculptra is a great product but if you are concerned about massage, lumps and bumps, this combo will afford you great results without using Sculptra.  With this combo you still may require some volume to your lower face which can be done with HA's.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower Facial Rejuvenation

Thanks for your question. All of the filler materials, including Sculptra Aesthetic, are excellent for certain facial enhancements when administer by experienced physicians in the right patients. I have found Sculptra to be extremely well tolerated and do not routine require patients to massage for 5 days. With appropriate and proper technique, the risk of nodules or subcutaneous problems are rare with all of the fillers you mentioned. 

I would recommend consulting with an experienced, reputable Facial Plastic Surgeon who performs these services regularly, and review your options in person. Having filler or Sculptra does not prevent you from considering a facelift in the future. Facial rejuvenation involves correcting volume loss, improving skin texture and smoothness and undergoing surgery when necessary too. These three "layers", volume, surface and surgery often compliment one's natural results and enhance your facial appearance. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra vs Voluma vs Restylane Lyft

All of these products are great and with the proper patient selection.  From the photo it appears that the best choice would be a combination of Sculptra and Thermage would be the best choice for you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra vs Voluma vs Restylane Lyft?

Sculptra® Voluma® Restylane Lyft® are all useful for filling in a sagging/hollow upper cheek, and by a collateral "tenting" effect, lifting the lower cheek. Side effects are minimized by choosing an expert board-certified aesthetic physician, although it is true that of the 3, FDA-approved Voluma® and Restylane Lyft®  can be metabolized by hyaluronidase. Surgery any time before, during, or after filler treatment is generally not contra-indicated. Choosing among fillers should be personalized to your social schedule and fincances.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Volume loss and need filler

I would have no apprehension about using any of the products listed. Your main problem is the cheek area. Nodularity with Sculptra is rare and massaging only decreases the risk of nodules slightly. Product is not nearly as important as choosing the proper injector. Do your research on that instead. Leave the choice of filler to the doc. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma or Sculptra for volume loss lower face.

I think you could benefit from both.  You are demonstrating descent of malar fat pads as well as loss of soft tissue in the posterior/preauricular skin.  I often will use Voluma/Lyft orRadiesse deep to malar bone to accentuate cheek bones and begin to recreate the V-shape of the face.  In the softer tissues below the cheek bones, if there are hollows, this is where Scultpra excels.  When I see the need for both, we will often get the volumization going first with Sculptra as these placements do require massaging to the treated areas for several days.  After that we can place other product deep to the malar bone to create the overall lift to the cheeks. The combination of both is really stunning.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Bio-stimulant (Sculptra) vs Volumizing gels (Voluma and Lyft) vs Face and Neck Lift

Dear kuvasz1lover:

Thanks for sharing your photo.

• Sculptra is better as a bio-stimulant of collagen formation and skin firming. 
  • Voluma and Restylane Lyft are hyaluronic acid gels which attract water to replace lost volume
  • The 2 "fillers" are complementary.

I am sorry I do not have the opportunity for a in-person consultation. You are doing yourself a disservice by considering less than optimal procedures which will not provide:

• skin redraping and removal of excess,
  • reposition of fat and sott tissues to where they were during a more youthful phase, 
  • skin texture and firmining using a ZO Skin Health therapeutic protocol.

Please consider your best options based on this one photo; it is a face and neck lift. Adjunctive procedures to consider are brow lift, upper eyelid lift and lower eyelid lift. 

I wish you the best! 

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS