How soon after Fraxel can I get Sculptra injections?

I'm thinking of getting Sculptra to increase volume on my face. I'm 50 yrs old and have had restylane fillers on my cheeks about 10 months ago. I had Fraxel laser done to my forehead and under eye bags on Feb 2, 2016. The Fraxel is still continuing to heal, and looking better every day. My question is: should I wait for several more weeks or months after fraxel? I know Fraxel also stimulates collagen growth, and I'm afraid of over-doing it by injecting Sculptra too soon. How long should I wait?

Fraxel and Sculptra

You can have Sculptra two weeks after your Fraxel treatment.  You just want to make sure that the skin has healed from your Fraxel before the injections.  With this combination you should have a great effect! Best, Dr. Green

Last contacted 7 hours ago

Fraxel and Sculptra

I will often do these procedures simultaneously. There is no reason you can't proceed with Sculptra at any time. I think that Sculptra is an excellent volumizer and can be used around the eyes.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Last contacted 10 hours ago

Sculptra after Fraxel

Thanks for your question. It would be best to discuss this with your provider, but I would recommend waiting at least 3-4 weeks before having the Sculptra treatment.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Last contacted 1 day ago

Timing of Sculptra after Fraxel

The placement of Sculptra is deeper in the skin than Fraxel or Halo would treat so you can certainly proceed with those injections once any swelling or skin irritation is over from the laser treatment.  It is very important to massage the areas injected with Sculptra so you want to have healed enough from Fraxel or a Halo treatment so that the skin can handle 3 days of massaging.   You will love the gentle volumizing effects Scultpra will create!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 7 days ago

Sculptra and Fraxel

I would wait for any swelling to resolve from the Fraxel before you get Sculptra done, which is usually no longer than a week. I would not worry about stimulating too much collagen growth by doing the combination. The only reason you would wait, is for the correct estimation of volume loss, which you wouldn't want to be thrown off by the swelling. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Last contacted 2 days ago

Fraxel and sculptra

Fraxel and sculptra can be a great way to restore volume and improve texture and skin quality.  Swelling from fraxel can mask volume loss and should be performed after sculptra injections, or sculptra should be performed after swelling has subsided (4-5 days).

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

How soon after Fraxel can Sculptra be done?

You mentioned that you had the Fraxel treatment to your forehead and under eye bags last month.  Were those the only areas that were treated?  Sculptra treatments are normally not performed on the forehead or directly under the eyes, so if you did only have the Fraxel to the forehead and under eyes, this would have no effect on your Sculptra treatments at any point in time.  Even if you did have the Fraxel treatment over your entire face, in my opinion, it would be fine to have Sculptra done anytime afterwards.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago