I am thinking about getting kybella. Do I have enough fat on my chin for it to be worth it? (Photo)

I just got rhinoplasty today and am considering getting Kybella when I go in next week to get my cast taken off. I don't know if i actually have enough fat under my chin for it to really work though. In the picture I posted, I used a photoshop app to reduce my nose and underchin fat. I know that is not completely realistic but would Kybella be able to give me similar results at all?

I am thinking about getting kybella. Do I have enough fat on my chin for it to be worth it?

Nice job photoshopping the nose! I do think that you over Photoshopped your neck contour and that is probably a little unrealistic angle to obtain. Its off but not by much though. In all seriousness, I think that you would be able to achieve a similar result, though not quite as good as your photoshopped result, IF if that is the problem. It is unlikely that your skin is lax at such a young age but I have seen young people in their late twenties and thirties with relatively poor skin quality. In such a case, I would recommend some type of skin tightening procedure where actual contraction is performed like a fractionated laser.  The Kybella dose can be tapered to suit your need. That is one of the good things about it. You would likely only need one treatment, and that can be less than the full usual dose. However, that is not guaranteed. I hope that you end up with very similar results. You have a very nice profile. I wish you the best.

Kybella

This is tricky. I don't believe that you could achieve your photoshopped look, but you may be able to achieve something close. It's really going to come down to your expectations and managing them properly. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Fat Reduction NYC

It is very difficult to tell from the photo if you have enough fat to make the procedure "worth it". I don't think that you could achieve the definition from the photoshopped photo.  I would suggest an in office consultation with an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Thanks for the question and photos.  It looks like you may have over resected a little bit on your neck in terms of what Kybella could accomplish.  I would recommend an in-person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if the fullness you demonstrate in the photo would be improved with Kybella.  If so, then you would most likely be a good candidate.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Kybella in SF

Thanks for the question

I think you will need to be seen in the office for a consultation to determine that.  You look like you have a little bit of excess fat, but an exam is needed to see if it is "deep fat" or "superficial fat".  You may be a candidate for Kybella, and if so, would only likely need a single treatment.  

Good Luck

"The above answer been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Kybella for double chin

It is very hard to say from the photographs you included.  It appears to me that you might benefit more from some other forms of treatment for mild submental fullness and laxity such as Thermi250 or Excilis to gently heat the tissues to destroy some fat cells and tighten skin as well.  Don't be too quick to look at Kybella as the only answer to your subtle submental fullness.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Not Enough Fat for Kybella?

Thank you very much for your question.

Based on your photo, it does appear as though you have a small amount of fat that may be treated with Kybella.  Of course, an in-person exam is necessary to check on the fat distribution in that area, so bringing up this question when you have your rhinoplasty splint removed is a great idea.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Kybella may help

Your photos show a small amount of submental fat.  An exam may show that there is enough fat for a single vial Kybella treatment.  Kybella is excellent for those patients with too little fat for traditional liposuction.

Kybella

Thanks for your question. Kybella helps treat the submental fat under the chin. Based on the photos, you don't look like a good candidate for Kybella. If you are interested in a rhinoplasty (nose job), please find and visit a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but based On the photos there is no way the cost and risks associated with Kybella would be worth it for you. The photoshopped image is not an achievable result as it would require removing important structures on your mouth. Your neck looks great right now, I would stop worrying about it. Hth

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC