3 weeks post op Kybella still don't see improvement & have ice pack burn. I have a lump has decreased. Does that go away?(photo)

The swelling has down as days pass however i dont really see a difference from my original profile.  I feel like it is bigger than before.  I have a lump now that is hard.  Is that normal? will that go away? I still feel a bit difficult to swallow due to this lump.  I am suppose to get checked at 6 weeks because I got bruised and burned using icepack.  

Kybella

Bruising, redness, swelling, firmness may occur and take approximately 4 weeks to resolve. We typically advise patients to avoid blood thinners a week prior to injection to minimize risks of bruising. We also recommend patients sleep with the head elevated, limit salt intake, and ice for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling. Most patients require 2-6 Kybella treatments spaced 6 weeks apart. The effects of fat destruction occur within days. Typically 4 months after treatment the results are most visible. 

Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella Swelling -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New

Kybella takes 3-6 treatments to see the improvement.  Hard lump that you feel now means you will get more results later.  I find that VASER liposuction is the way to go to get neck / jawline contouring in a quick safe result.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella Results and Kybella Side Effects

While I may be able to tell very little with the picture that you posted, I can definitely say a few things about Kybella results as well as Kybella side effects. Kybella is a fairly effective medication that is approved by the FDA. Most often, patients will see little improvement in their initial treatment session. Therefore, my question for you in this case is, “Is this your first Kybella treatment session?” If yes, you should be able to see little improvements, but these improvements are not easily recognizable. Usually patients will require at least 2 to 4 Kybella treatment sessions before they see significant results. If this is not your first treatment session, you may need to wait for the swelling to subside as well as the other side effects to completely go away to see the difference.

As for the side effects, swelling is not uncommon with Kybella treatment. Usually this will subside in 5 to 7 days, but there are times when swelling takes about 3 to 4 weeks to completely resolve. This is also the same with other side effects such as redness, bruising, lumps, and firmness.

Do check back with your doctor  to make sure that progress is going as expected

Kybella results

Thank you for your question chispa.8. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. It is difficult to make an assessment without before photographs for comparison. However we have found that it may take up to 2 treatments before patients start to see results. I treat my patients every 3 months. We take photographs 3 months after the second treatment. At that point more treatments may be performed if further enhancement is desired. Most people have 2-4 treatments, sometimes up to 6 treatments. Results are seen slowly over time. Patience is important. Lumps are normal and can make swallowing difficult and they resolve on their own slowly over time.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella results

Kybella results

Lumps are a common following Kybella. Don't be alarmed. And it is not unusual to feel as if there's no difference after just one treatment as it typically takes 2-4 treatments to get your final results. Be patient and check back in with your surgeon at the 6 week post op mark and discuss your next steps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella results

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Lumps from Kybella

Kybella is a great way to reduce submental fat and get rid of your double chin.  Lumps are common after the injection.  If you have a burn from the ice or anything else that you are concerned with you should return to your treating physician.  It typically takes 2 to 4 treatments of Kybella to have the full results.  I often combine Kybella with Thermage for skin tightening. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lumps from Kybella

Kybella Swelling

Thank you for your question. Swelling from Kybella can last a few weeks depending on the person and some people may need more than 1 treatment to see the best results (3-4 treatments). Lumps and bumps are normal. If it persists for longer than 3 more weeks, please schedule a follow up appointment you’re your physician so that they may review the area.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella Swelling

Bruce E. Katz, MD

3 weeks post op Kybella still don't see improvement & have ice pack burn. I have a lump has decreased. Does that go away?

Hello chispa.8,

You should not expect to see any real improvement after one treatment at 3 weeks.  It takes at least 2 treatments and up to 4 treatments to get a result.  Because you can have some numbness in the treated area after Kybella, it is important not to put anything directly from the freezer on the area (like ice).  It is also common to feel lumps in the area that was treated.  This should go away with time.  By 6 weeks the lumps should be gone and most if not al of the numbness will be gone.  That is when you get your next treatment.  The process starts over but the swelling won't be as much.  This is when you also start to see your result.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

Hello chispa.8,

I hope this helps and good luck.  

Kybella, swelling, and expectations

Many patients require multiple treatments to obtain the desired affects with Kybella.  For many patients, 2 or 3 treatments provide significant improvement in the contour of the skin beneath the chin.  Swelling is a common side effect after treatment and can last several days.  Careful icing of the treated area can help reduce the swelling and discomfort.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella, swelling, and expectations

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella recovery

Patients can experience swelling and redness after Kybella for several days after the injection. Patients will experience an improvement in their profile with permanent fat reduction after three to four treatments. I emphasize to patients to allow the product to work and the results have been amazing

Kybella recovery