What is the percentage of older patients that end up with saggy skin under their chins after Kybella treatments? (Photo)

I am a 6-0 year old woman who will undergo my first Kybella treatment next week. I am concerned that I might end up with saggy loose skin afterwards since my skin is not as elastic as it was when I was younger. What is the percentage of older patients that end up with saggy skin after Kybella treatments and need additional skin tightening treatments?

Kybella Lax Chin

Kybella does not tighten loose skin. Non surgical (radiofrequency) treatments tighten skin temporarily.
Other options may be more attractive for you.

Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Possible Saggy Skin -Kybella

Not everyone is an ideal candidate for Kybella or neck liposuction.Judging from your profile it appears that a large component of your neck laxity is due to inelastic skin ,lax muscles and some fat.You are correct that Kybella may make you profile different but not necessarily better. You appear to be a better candidate for a neck lift not Kybella.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella and saggy skin

You ask an excellent question.  Unfortunately there are no studies yet that investigate whether a patient has excess skin laxity following Kybella.  Treatments with Kybella are ideally for people in their 30s and 40s who still have good skin elasticity but chronologic age isn't the only consideration.  Certainly there are those 30 year old with poor skin elasticity and 60 year olds with excellent elasticity. Your risk for excess skin elasticity is best determined by an examination by an experienced clinician.

Best of luck

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start small

In an older patient and lax skin, it is judicious to start small with only one vial at a time.
This allows for careful placement and will give you time for your own natural tightening before you proceed with another treatment.
Larger amounts of Kybella will perhaps overwhelm your neck laxity so start small

Kybella & Lax Skin

Based solely on your photo, the issue in your under chin/neck area seems to be one of loose skin. Kybella will not treat loose skin. The only solution for this is surgery. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Saggy Skin

Kybella is an amazing way to get rid of submental fat.  I often combine Kybella with Thermage for skin tightening to have the best results. Your photos appear that you may be a better candidate for a neck lift rather than Kybella injections. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green