I want to know how much it would cost me to stitch my ears back up? (photos)

I was asking because I want to join the military but my stretched ears disqualifie me, there very tiny.

Ear Lobe Repair for Military

Thanks for your question!  This is a very common question that my office gets quite a bit.  Depending on where you are located, the procedure can cost anywhere from $400-$1000.  Be sure to call around and ask for pricing before your consultation.  Best of luck to you!

Stretched earlobes

Usually the costs vary depending on the severity of the defect. For both ears, you can estimate between 1200-1500.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Earlobe repair

This is a common procedure that is done in the office under local anesthesia.  The cost will vary depending on the complexity of the surgery but can be anywhere from $400-$700 for each earlobe. 

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Gauge repairs

This is a common repair that we do in the office- the price varies depending on how involved - its around 700 for one ear and 1200 for both.  But a gauge repair can be more difficult that simply "stitching it back up".  It is often necessary to reshape the earlobe from the stretched out tissues.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon and ask to see some photos of other patients after a gauge repair.  This is more complicated than repairing a torn earlobe.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Gauge repairs

I've done hundreds of these for people exactly like you who want to go into the military.  I charge $800 total for both ears.  It pays to call around.  Prices can vary tremendously.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Repair of Stretched or Gauged Earlobes #earloberepairseattle

• Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS member) who has experience repairing stretched earlobe piercings such as yours.
  • You may expect to pay around $550-$650 per earlobe depending on whom you see. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Earlobe Repair Costs

Thanks for sharing. We have a lot of men and women seeking earlobe correction for military and law enforcement employment.  Prices will vary.  About $400-600 per earlobe depending on complexity. Procedure is under local anesthesia with easy recovery. Sutures come out in 1 week.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Earlobe Repair after Gauging

This is a common request.  Cost will vary depending on your goals (either to just close the hole or actually try to make the earlobe look like it did before the gauging).  The best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist in facial plastic surgery with a background in head and neck surgery who can assist you in achieving the results you seek. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Earlobe Minor Surgery

This is a simple outpatient procedure. The cost will be approximately $500 per ear. This will vary more or less depending on geographical location and choice of surgeon. A board certified plastic surgeon is ideal for optimal results. Healing time is approximately 2 weeks. Best of luck in your military career.