Can I have Sculptra after Voluma ?

Hi , Will please advice me if I can have Sculptra after voluma in my lower cheeks !!!!

Can I have Sculptra after Voluma ?

Using different fillers together or sequentially is frequently done and can even have synergistically better effects. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation!  

Miami Dermatologist

Yes, it should be fine to have Sculptra done after Voluma.

Yes, it should be fine to have Sculptra done after Voluma. Make sure that you wait at least two weeks following your Voluma injections before having Sculptra done so that all the swelling is resolved and your injector can better assess how much Sculptra you’ll need. HA fillers such as Voluma and collagen building fillers such as Sculptra are often used together to create comprehensive volumization results.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining Voluma and Sculptra

Sculptra is a great filler to combine with hyaluronic acid fillers either at the same time or in separate visits.  Since the fillers work differently, there is usually a synergistic effect of providing instant volume and lift as well as increased skin quality and collagen.   There is should be no increased risk of the combination.  Make sure to see an expert injector for your treatments.  Both voluma and sculptra can be quite costly and are often less effective due to poor placement in untrained hands.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculpture after Voluma?

No problem.  You should wait until your Voluma result is stable (2-3 wks) before getting Sculptra so that your doctor know how much is going to be necessary to get the best soft tissue augmentation.  

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Voluma

Thanks for your question! Sculptra can be injected after Voluma, but it would be best to wait 1-2 weeks for any swelling to resolve from the Sculptra. Be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon or a certified nurse injector specialist for the filler treatments.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Sculptra and Voluma

Sculptra may be injected 2 weeks following Voluma, as to wait for the inflammatory process to resolve.  Each of these products are injected into a different plane of the skin.  Voluma provides more localized volume, whereas Sculptra is a global treatment stimulating collagen production.  I recommend a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist provide assessment pre-treatment.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Sculptra and Voluma

Yes, Sculptra can be used after Voluma.  It is important to have treatment with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to achieve the best results.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sculptra and Other Fillers for Facial Sculpting

I do sculptra with voluma in different planes for short term improvement and long term collagen remodeling.  I suggest you see an expert in facial sculpting who uses a number of fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can Sculptra be used after Voluma?

It would be fine to use Sculptra after being treated with Voluma, or vice versa.  One possible issue with this however is just being able to evaluate the area to be treated.  If there is a current filler in place, it will make the area fuller than usual.  This does not mean the treatment cannot be done, but it means the current filler just needs to be taken into account.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Use of Voluma and Sculptra in Combination

Hi Rose,

We use Sculptra with Voluma all of the time.  As long as these products are used properly there should be no problem. I particularly like to use Voluma over the bone of the cheeks with the first treatment of Sculptra. As with any facial aesthetic treatment, the most important aspect of your treatment is making sure that you choose your cosmetic physician most carefully based on their experience, skill, knowledge, and natural artistic vision.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon