Is it safe to use triluma to resolve PIH after Fraxel Dual?

I had fraxel laser done about two months ago. I did not have any pigmentation before the treatment just a few deep scars. After the treatment my skin got 2 shades darker, I had light brown skin before the treatment.

Fraxel laser and Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation NYC

It sounds like you were not the proper candidate for Fraxel for your acne scars.  eMatrix is better for patients with darker skin since it is "color blind" and avoids hyperpigmentation.  I would not consult a dermatologist who specializes in lasers for possible bleaching creams and chemical peels to help resolve this PIH.  Best, Dr. Green

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation -- Lightening Creams, Aerolase, Beta Peels, Microneedling/PRP

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation needs appropriate skin care and peels. I suggest you see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Triluma after Fraxel

This is a good treatment for PIH. This will occur in darker skin types and I pretreat with hydroquinone in most cases. In lighter skin, it is related to sun exposure after treatment. It should reverse with treatment. I usually limit Triluma to about 6-8 weeks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD