Can I get Lipo on my butt to decrease the projection from a previous BBL? (Photo)

I had a bbl 3 years ago which gave me a bubble butt(vs my previous heart shape with a slope into fullness). I'd like to keep my shape but decrease projection so that my butt better matches my body. My butt cureently hangs over the sides and doesn't sit well on me legs. Would Lipo of my butt work?

Lipo after BBL

Brazillian butt lifts work, but the surgeon's artistry determines the beauty of the result. liposculpture is the art of suctioning one area, and intentionally leaving other areas full, to get a desired effect. You are right; your projection is pronounced and there is a slight hang. Reducing the projection without further hang is the key. It's much harder than  people think so chose your surgeon carefully. See an artistic (not just scientific) board certified plastic surgeon, who does a ton of BBLs and liposculpture, and you will be in good hands

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to reshape a BBL

Thank you for asking about your BBL revision.

• Liposuction can be done to reduce the projection and shape of the buttocks after a BBL.
  • It should be done cautiously - it is easier to remove fat injected over, than under the muscle.
  • Often a little liposuction make a big difference -
  • Ask your original surgeon if s/he can help you - unless you prefer to see a new plastic surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo of butt

You can have select lipo of the buttocks to decrease some of the fullness. I would caution about aggressive lipo, because it may cause the butt to become loose and flat.

Yes you can

Hello and thanks for this excellent question. I have done this operation once or twice after BBL that I have personally performed. It is rare in my practice, but it does happen that some patients feel their buttock is too big or projects too much after BBL. In both cases I removed a very small amount of fatty tissue (150 cc) average and it made a big difference. Removing too much could lead to too small of a buttock or even some drooppiness after the liposuction. In other words, it must be done with great care! Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD