Recovery time for lipo and possibly fat transfer? (Photo)

I definitely would like lipo on my stomach flank, love handles and possibly lower back. But I am also thinking of filling in hip dents with fat transfer , how long will recovery be ? I work somewhere where I am sitting 24/7 so I'm concerned because I have heard you cannot sit for a certain amount of weeks.

BBL

You would have to be  careful after surgery to avoid sitting on the grafted areas for several weeks. Best of luck.

Hi-

You would do fantastic with lipocontouring. If you had a brazilain buttock lift at the time of your liposuction procedure, I generally recommend patients to not sit on their buttock for longer than 20 min intervals for one week post surgery to prevent compression of the new fat grafting. Pt are swollen for a few months post operatively and I recommend wearing a compression garment during the recovery to assist with the swelling. Hope this was helpful- Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

#ASPS #BBL #liposuction

Hello jmcrx, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. 

I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Fat Transfer

Thank you for your inquiry. Recovery varies but typically social and employment activities can be resumed after 2 - 3 weeks. I ask that all my patients do not sit down for 3 full weeks and i provide a Booty Buddy cushion to all by patients for better comfort. 

Strenuous activities must be avoided for 4 weeks. As for your work, you can try to arrange your office environment so that work can still be done while standing or take a 3 week vacation. Best of luck and your surgery.