I have a huge forehead and it's ruining my life and self esteem. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello, I have a big forehead like really big like REALLY BIG. And I'm so insecure about it like I always keep my hair covered caused I don't want people to see forehead, and I don't wanna live like that, like I have really beautiful curly hair and it just sucks I can't show it cause my forehead is so attention catch. I'm 19 and for all those 19 years I've been insecure about my forehead. I'm Somali and Somali people generally have big foreheads but like mine is not even normal.

I have a huge forehead and it's ruining my life and self esteem. Any suggestions?

A forehead reduction surgery can lower the hairline up to 2-2.5 cm.The scar in front of the hairline fades away with time and can be concealed with micrografts.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Big Forehead

You should see an expert in hairline lowering procedures either the surgical or hair transplant type of surgery. The hairline lowering surgeries do have limits on just how much a hairline can be lowered by a hair transplant lowering procedure has no such limits. See some examples of this in the web reference below. On July 18th on a Saturday between 11-2pm we have an Open House event and I believe you can meet a doctor and see some examples of hairline lowering procedures on patients who come to the Open House. When you RSVP, be sure to mention to the staff that you want to see examples of hairline lowering surgeries.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Reducing "Huge" Forehead

A large forehead can be reduced using the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision Technique that we described many years ago. Hair will grow through and in front of the incision so the small scar is hidden within the hair.

If you do not like your forehead size and shape, you can consider cosmetic surgery such as forehead reduction.

If you do not like your forehead size and shape, you can consider cosmetic surgery such as forehead reduction.  You can start by seeing a doctor for a consultation.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon