Coolsculpting on outer area of upper arm? (Photos)

Can Coolsculpting be done on the outer area of my upper arm? I have a "pinch-able" section of fat along the outside of my arm (not the "bat wing" area like most get treated). It's very noticeable and bulky looking despite having lost 30lbs and losing 5% body fat (as tested by my doctor via the water tank dunk test). My body is much firmer and toned everywhere else, which has taken almost 3 years, but this area will NOT budge!

Doctor Answers 8

Coolsculpting for the Upper Arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is definitely an area which can be treated with coolsculpting. It is always best to consult with an expert who has performed coolsculpting on this area.  With each treatment coolsculpting can result in up to 25% fat loss.  However we typically see less in the upper arm than in other areas and multiple treatments may be necessary.  There are also surgical options which can give you better results. At the end, you have to decide which route to go especially if you are averse to any surgical options.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

CoolSculpting on outer area of upper arm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The short answer is most likely yes!  However you will need to see your local Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon CoolSculpting expert for an in office consultation.  The area needing to be reduced must fit properly within the available applicators for best results.  If it does, you should definitely see some improvement, though maybe not as much as is seen typically on the abdomen and flanks.  Good luck with it! Dr. Shafran

CoolSculpting is more effective for treating the abdomen and thighs; less effective for arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Congratulations on your weight loss!  In general, CoolSculpting is best at reducing fat around the abdomen and thighs.  Though some physicians can contour the arms with CoolSculpting, it isn't particularly effective in that area for many patients.  

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Outer arm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would likely not treat the outer arm with Coolsculpting but sometimes a bit of that gets pulled in as the applicator is placed over the triceps.  I would meet with your provider and ask them if Coolsculpting would be right for you after a physical examination.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting Versus Non Invasive Coolsculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Coolsculpting can treat the arms, but only does a small improvement in the treatment area and cannot give you defining and contouring.  It takes 90 days to see the 15-20% improvement from a single treatment.  I find non invasively sculpsure and vanquish give better results in this area. A hi definition body shaping 4D  Liposuction can do a significant improvement much more quickly. Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Cool sculpting of the arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cool Sculpting of the arms is still an off label area. We use the applicator that is intended for the inner thigh and use it on the arms. With that being said, we do arms but give patients a realistic expectation. We can see changes but for best and predictable results liposuction is preferred on this area of the body. Good Luck. 

CoolSculpting the Arm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Although many offices treat the upper arm, it is up to the provider to do CoolSculpting on the arm since this area is "off-label."  It would be best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this procedure and to find out all of your options, as this problem area could be skin rather than fat.   

Coolsculpting on outer area of upper arm?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Congrats on the weight loss. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. In-person assessments are always best. Good luck! 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.