5'3", 155 lbs. Should I lose 10-15 lbs before BBL?

My goals for BBL is to have a small waist. Most of my fat deposits are in my stomach, flanks, lower back, and waist line. I don't carry much fat on my hips nor my arms. I have 9 weeks before surgery.

This really just depends upon your goals. Thinner patients can achieve great results as well, but an exam would be necessary to make recommendations.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Should you lose 10-15 pounds before a BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Optimal weight for BBL

Optimal weight for BBL

Great question! The current BMI for you is 27.55. In Florida, from my experience the sweetest BMI is around 25. This  BMI provides the maximum Florida medical board allowance of 4 liters of liposuction supernatant fat, makes your waist very tight, and enough fat grafts for any buttock shape and contour you would desire.

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process, 

James S. McAdoo DO FACOS, 

AOA board-certified plastic/reconstructive surgeon, AOA board certified general surgeon, microsurgery fellowship, BBL specialist

Thank you for your question. Your BMI is 27-28 based on your information. I would not suggest loosing weight, this is ideal if you want to get an hourglass figure. It sounds like you already committed to surgery, and this question needs to be addressed to your prospective surgeon. I personally would do VASER HI Def Liposuction to achieve the smallest possible waist and sculpt the areas of fat collection. Good luck with your surgery.

Weight loss before a BBL

Wait or BMI is not nearly as important as is fat distribution.

In other words where your carrier body fat that's the biggest impact on the type of results you can expect.

You should have in person consultations with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon bins in your area Who specialize in this procedure.

After an examination you can get a good working plan including what would be an ideal weight.

Most patients do better being closer to an ideal weight before pursuing any cosmetic procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Losing weight always leaves better results after surgery. Besides that be careful about the weight loss, your body need's to have fat for the bbl if you want noticeable results. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.  Please discuss with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Schedule an in person consultation since you might not need to lose any weight.  Having fat deposits in abdomen, flanks, and back will enhance the liposculpting and fat transfer. Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon