Abnormal labs. Would you clear me for surgery/BBL? (photos)

I am schedule for a BBL in late FEB. Recently had lab work done to see my baseline and some labs were off. Would you clear me for surgery? Off labs were RBC of 5.54, HBG 17, HCT 50.3, Lmyphs 3.4 but what really worries me is the ALT of 67.

Getting clearance for plastic surgery

Getting clearance for elective surgery involves a lot more than evaluating blood tests.

The truth is most young healthy people generally don't even need any blood test for medical clearance for most basic procedures.

In the United States the number of blood tests and other tests ordered before surgery has decreased significantly over time.

The doctor ordered your tests should review them with you.

You should also review your tests in conjunction with your entire medical history with your plastic surgeon during an inpatient consultation or in person preoperative visit.

Relying on the advice of doctors from online forums like a RealSelf in preparation for traveling abroad for cosmetic surgery is perhaps not the wisest plan of action.

Regardless of who is doing your surgery or where they're located the doctor doing the surgery is ultimately responsible for your well-being and final decisions.

You should review your laboratory values with him or her.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Abnormal labs. Would you clear me for surgery/BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It will be better to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon what's happening and to check what you can do to rise your hemo and get rid of abnomalies before surgery. Remember that safety is always first.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Blood Work - BBL

Great Question. Your blood work needs to be reviewed by your primary care physician in order to determine clearance. Best Wishes.