Why does it seem like blood loss during Liposuction is more excessive in the Dominican Republic?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 6
Liposuction - the risk of hemorrhage
- Hemorrhage after liposuction is a known risk but should be very rare.
- Whatever they are doing in the DR, it is very dangerous.
- A 'plastic surgeon' there was recently shut down after multiple deaths.
- The DR may have some qualified careful plastic surgeons but it is known for its unsafe place for surgery.
- People have returned with very strange and untreatable infections and severe complications.
- I certainly wouldn't want to risk a blood transfusion in the DR - you do not know what diseases will be transmitted.
- Please have your surgery done in the USA - near your home - by a qualified plastic surgeon.
- The US standards are high and high standards means much, much safer surgery.
Blood Loss with Liposuction
It is rare to need a blood transfusion after liposuction. If it is happening routinely in the DR, or at least the clinic you have been exposed to, I would recommend against having surgery with them, even if they have incredible results. Life is too valuable.
Traveling afar for surgery
You might also like...
Liposuction and BBB
Blood loss in liposuction
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.